Happy Thanksgiving for our American Cousins!

by jgnat 11 Replies latest jw friends

• wanda
    wanda

Thanksgiving is celebrated in lots of nations including Canada. As to origins compare Leviticus 23:33, Deuteronomy 16:13, what Paul says of people thanking God for his life, (I Corinthians 1:11) and Romans 14 saying there is freedom in such things. British P ilgrim colonists gave thanks for survival and bounty, British colonies in what is now the USA had Thanksgiving, George Washington made it into a national holiday and Abraham Lincoln made it official in the USA.

• Special K
    Special K

yes... A very Happy Thanksgiving to you American peoples.

I love thanksgiving.. It's problably my most favourite celebration.

I really miss my american relatives whenever this day comes.

HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING..

I hear George W. Bush pardoned two turkeys. .."Marshmellow and alternate "Yam".

Special K

President Bush Pardons Thanksgiving Turkeys
    By VOA News
    22 November 2005

President Bush looks at the national Thanksgiving turkey Marshmallow
    Tuesday has been a lucky day for the official U.S. national Thanksgiving turkey and its alternate.

President Bush gave the national turkey, whose name is Marshmallow, and its alternate, Yam, the traditional Thanksgiving pardon in a ceremony at the White House.

The two turkeys will be flown to Disneyland in California to be part of the holiday display, and will also serve as honorary grand marshals for Disneyland's Thanksgiving Day parade on Thursday.

They will spend the rest of their lives at a Disneyland ranch

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit