Help please---69 Awake quote

by blindersoff 20 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I was 21 when that article came out, already past the time of schooling or making decisions on further education . But I firmly believed what it said. That belief shaped my other life style decisions . This is a very bold statement :-

Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers.

A disobedient dub who started a career in 1970, would have had 35 years at it by now . Unfulfilled?

It was interesting also to note the poster' mothers reaction of disbelief to the statement . It rather reminds me of George Orwell's "Animal Farm". chapt 6 , re a resolution not to trade with humans, now to broken.

"Squealer asked them shrewdly ' Are you sure that this is not something that you have dreamed , comrades. Have you a record of such a resolution? ........................................."the animals were satisfied that they had been mistaken"

This quote may be still be available if one searches, [particularly Quotes' site which they want to close down] but how many dubs are aware of it? or perhaps they have chosen to forget, in order to preserve their faith

• Justin Matton
    Justin Matton

Ha sorry guy, that just sounds so funny...hey, anyone have a magazine from 1969? I know, I know, dub stuff never dies, but it's funny anyway

• LDH
    LDH

If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. ... Therefore as a young person you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone! --Awake!, May 22, 1969, page 15.

I saw another poster who has put this up just today, thanks to the other poster I had it handy.

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute
    If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things

OMFG. wow. apostate for almost three years, and this shit still shocks me... Jesus God...

bethel

• xjwms
    xjwms

Thats the one

I was 19

Was starting to pioneer

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things.

I was studying for almost a year when this came out and I fell for it. Got baptized the following May. I was 22 years old.

Guess that means I have not grown old as my 58 years tell me.

Does that mean that I can still mess with chicks in their late teens and early 20's? Hell no!

Does that mean that the WTBTS is all screwed up? Hell yes!

HappyDad

• Leolaia
  • Leolaia
    Leolaia

Don't forget too this choice excerpt from the June 1969 Kingdom Ministry (p. 3), which repeats the same thoughts as the Awake! article:

• M.J.
    M.J.

Yet another reason the Awake only goes back to 1970 on the WT CD

• TopHat
    TopHat

I was a young JW in 1969...and that was the year we bought our first house...I never saw that article thank goodness. Anyway by 1975 I was out of the JWs and a fader. I am sorry I returned in 1987....but out for good since 1999.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit