THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU!

by cyber-sista 17 Replies latest jw friends

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Aloha friends, Haven't been here for a while. Still working on my process of separating from the Org. so far I have found it best to have little to no contact with anyone who is still living in JW land, as their state of denial is so disturbing to me. A sister approached me the other day in a grocery store parking lot. Wanted to know where I had been and said she had missed me. (I hadn't seen her in 2 years, nor had she made any attempt to contact me.) She started to tell me right away about the wonderful meeting at the KH on Sunday. She started to probe and I said it was best not to talk about it. Then she asked me if I could just let it go (whatever it was that happened to me) and come back to the Org. I pretty much told her that I could not deny my own experiences and quickly ended the conversation as she was beginning to drone on about the wonderfulness of the Org and all. It made me angry for her to suggest that it was wrong that I deny my feelings and my experiences I just got an email this morning from a sister from a far. WT DENIAL, GUILT AND BLAME should be the title of this one... The title of this email was: "Turning a positive into a negative" Of all my years a witness,
    The times were not always good.
    Too many mistakes were being made,
    The brothers not doing what they should.

As I look back now,
    There were times, I can recall;
    When I did not even look forward,
    To going to the Kingdom Hall.

The brothers showed no love.
    They didn't seem to care.
    The elders were unyielding,
    Demanding and unfair.

Meetings were dull and boring,
    Field service was a chore.
    There wasn't much of a "Pioneer spirit",
    While going from door to door.

It would not get any better,
    As I hoped it would,
    I knew the day was coming,
    When I would leave Jehovah's house for good.

But happily, it's so different now,
    Jehovah has been so kind.
    He has allowed me,
    A wonderful congregation to find.

The spirit is so strong here.
    The brothers really care.
    I couldn't be more happy,
    If I were anywhere!

Life in Jehovah's organization
    Is just as I would dream,
    But don't get me wrong, things
    Are not as they would seem.

You, see I'm part of the same congregation,
    And I go the same Hall.
    I fellowship with the same brother & sisters,
    Same elder body and all.

No the changes that were made
    Are not as they seem,
    For all the changes made
    Were changes in ME.

Now I love the whole brotherhood.
    No other in the world to find.
    Instead of being critical,
    I try to be loving, forgiving and kind.

I realize we are all imperfect,
    It's plain now for me to see.
    While I was learning to put up with my brothers,
    They were putting up with me!

We are all part of Jehovah's one flock,
    And that's where I want to be.
    Why, if my brothers are good enough for Jehovah,
    Then they are good enough for me.
    Pretty pukey huh? hope you are all well, cybs

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

((((Cyber-sista)))))

Aloha back! I find it interesting that so many JWs will NEVER believe you if you mention a bad experience with the Organization. But if you were at work and mentioned a bad thing about your boss or a coworker or even another sister in the hall, they eat it up.

*shaking head*

I just can't believe I used to think this was all normal. Blech.

Andi

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Yes, pukey indeed! I remember getting that email while I was still a jw. Unfortunately, at the time, I bought into the whole "if I'm not happy at the Hall, it must be me" mentality. Talk about self-loathing! This really makes me ill now to think of it. Aren't you glad you're out?
    tall penguin

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

No the changes that were made

Are not as they seem,

For all the changes made

Were changes in ME.

That is so disturbing! And they deny they are a brainwashing little cult?!! I well remember how I too would 'rationalise' away any disturbing conduct, flawed doctrine etc..

Sad and sick, the Watchtower should be ashamed.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Was anyone else having reruns fo "Stepford Wives" while reading this? " I had doubts and was unhappy, so they rewired me "

Big Willy

By the way, I made the mistake of watching Stepford Children on TV when I was 12 or so, I was awake all night with nightmares! Struck a little close to home I guess.

• Honesty
    Honesty

((((((cyber-sista))))))

The spirit is so strong here.

The brothers really care.

I couldn't be more happy,

If I were anywhere!

When a householder says the same about their church the dubs always said, "We can't feel Jehovah's Spirit. It must be the demonz he/she feels at that church".

• blondie
    blondie

Hi cybersista,

Here, I will review your "article" (smile)

so far I have found it best to have little to no contact with anyone who is still living in JW land, as their state of denial is so disturbing to me.

Remember the Israelites fled from the Land of De Nile.

A sister approached me the other day in a grocery store parking lot. Wanted to know where I had been and said she had missed me. (I hadn't seen her in 2 years, nor had she made any attempt to contact me.)

I would have said, "Missed me? After 2 years; did you try calling, my name and phone number are still in the book. Missed me?"

She started to tell me right away about the wonderful meeting at the KH on Sunday.

And what specific point did you find especially wonderful in the WT? Can't remember? Hmmm?

She started to probe and I said it was best not to talk about it.

At this point, grab your keys/purse and make tracks towards the door. "Bye, gotta go."

Then the following is minimized. Usually these people are just looking for some new or old gossip to share with their "friends." Be sure to let her know how wonderful things are now in your life. (If appropriate, how much closer you are to God, how much more daily Bible reading and study you do.)

Just don't let them get between you and the door, keep walking and talking, keep waving, don't look back. Think of Lot's wife (smile)

Then she asked me if I could just let it go (whatever it was that happened to me) and come back to the Org. I pretty much told her that I could not deny my own experiences and quickly ended the conversation as she was beginning to drone on about the wonderfulness of the Org and all. It made me angry for her to suggest that it was wrong that I deny my feelings and my experiences

Love, Blondie

• xjwms
    xjwms

Blondie

I have said it before

Your reviews are right on...!!!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Wanted to know where I had been and said she had missed me. (I hadn't seen her in 2 years, nor had she made any attempt to contact me.)

its incredible how they miss you but make no effort to contact you - where does that happen with real friends in the real world. If I made no contact even with my long distance friends for a month they'd phone and try and find out if i was okay!

enjoyed the poem cybasista and good to have you back!

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

I WAS hungry... now I feel like puking the contents fo my nearly empty stomach all over the monitor....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit