There Are Over 6 Million Jehovah's Witnesses.....

by Honesty 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    I wonder if anyone posting on this topic has considered that if Jesus is GOD then how can he also be a mediator or go between in mankinds relationship with GOD?

In the same sense Moses was. An opened door to a relationship that had previously been closed.

But then, you seem to be restricting the Trinitarian belief in the identical way the WTS does. There is a distinct difference in a view of three Gods in one and a view of three distinct persons who, in communion, are God. The person—Jesus—intercedes with God on our behalf.

But as Jesus made perfectly clear in his discussion with Nicodemus, "Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." (John 3:5)

Jehovah's Witnesses teach that it is possible for some, even a great multitude which no man may count, to enter into the kingdom of God without having been born of Spirit. But only "by extension."

AuldSoul

• heathen
    heathen

Well there is also a catch 22 in it all , to whom much is given , much is expected . I think the doctrine of the 144k is pretty sound and the great crowd as well . The only ones that I think qualify for the heavenly rulership role are those that die as martyrs for bearing witness to jesus . The ones that do yet survive the tribulation are the great crowd . I think that mediator stuff proves without a doubt that jesus was not the almighty God but was placed in a far more important role than what he had to begin with and given all rulership in heaven and earth . Now if he was God ,would he not have had all that to begin with ? mathew 28:18 . I really don't want this to turn into a trinity vrs. whatever topic tho .

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The reason there is an issue here is because the teaching that an earthly great crowd are not part of the covenant is unsupported scripturally. Because the NT does not discuss such a concept the FDS has free reign to make this mean whatever it wants. If the great crowd are not part of the new covenant then Jesus is not their mediator. But what teachings of Jesus supports that a group of Christians would not be part of this covenant and would not be born again?

What i thought this thread was going to be about was: There are over 6 million Jehovah's Witnesses ...... that means Jehovah is soon going to kill 99.9% of the earth population of 6 billion people.
    OR
    .... apart from those of us who have been screwed up by the WTS, the religion is really an irrelevant and often unheard of speck in the scheme of things.

• heathen
    heathen
    But what teachings of Jesus supports that a group of Christians would not be part of this covenant and would not be born again?

The WTBTS claims that in revelation 7:14 it is saying that washing ones robes is not the same as being born again . The 144k are spirit adopted sons and receive a seal on their forhead .

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

So what you are saying is Jesus is my mother in law?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

it is true they have a couple of vague scriptural reasonings. But even the WTS admits that the NT was written primarily for the 144k. Why? Because virtually everything in it points to all Christians being spirit anointed.

• carla
    carla

Would it then be more accurate to say that the 'annointed' of jw's are Christians and the rest are Jehovah's witnesses but not witness to Jesus?

• heathen
    heathen
    Would it then be more accurate to say that the 'annointed' of jw's are Christians and the rest are Jehovah's witnesses but not witness to Jesus?

They were throwing dogma out there that made them out to be spiritual jews , I think it only recently like the last ten years that they are harping on the christian angle . "christian " according to my websters merely means ,professing a belief in christianity , so you wouldn't have to be anointed to do that . I would have to agree that the letters in the new testament were written to the existing congregations in the first century which were filled with anointed people , the only hope for them was a heavenly rulership one , except for women and children. I think the WTBTS is wrong to include women with the 144k kings and priests class .

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I think the WTBTS is wrong to include women with the 144k kings and priests class .
    Good point. The Jewish system did not allow for female kings, and Rev does say that the 144k do not defile themselves with women, so it is logical that when John refers to heavenly kings they would be male.
    There is certainly no mention in the bible that only 144k go to heaven, but rather that the 144k are the ruling class. The rest of those believing in Jesus, men and women alike would go to heaven as the subjects. As Hebrews says, even Abraham looked forward to going to heaven.

• heathen
    heathen
    The Jewish system did not allow for female kings, and Rev does say that the 144k do not defile themselves with women, so it is logical that when John refers to heavenly kings they would be male.

I think it's cool somebody agrees with me on that point . I had everybody in an uproar at the local kingdub hall . You wouldn't believe the retarded exsplanation they give on that scripture that states they do not defile themselves with women , in fact they are virgins . I think the defile themselves with women jives nicely with what jesus said about many making themselves eunichs on account of the kingdom message and the virgin part is about spiritual chastity . No mistaking we are talking about men exclusively when looked at through out the new testament .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit