There Are Over 6 Million Jehovah's Witnesses.....

by Honesty 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Honesty
    Honesty

who blindly adhere to WTBTS doctrines. How can they be Christians when they refuse to accept Jesus as their mediator?

• under74
    under74

because the WTS tells them they are christians and that jesus comes after the WTS.

• blondie
    blondie

Typical JW explanation (just explaining not supporting this)

Jesus mediator for the 8,000 plus anointed JWs

Other JWs must go through the FDS (anointed) on earth who act as mediators for Christ on earth

w79 4/1 p. 31 Questions from Readers ***
    The new covenant will terminate with the glorification of the remnant who are today in that covenant mediated by Christ. The "great crowd" of "other sheep" that is forming today is not in that new covenant. However, by their associating with the "little flock" of those yet in that covenant they come under benefits that flow from that new covenant.
  • The Chuckler
    The Chuckler

So does that mean when they close their prayers by saying "...thru' our Lord Jesus Christ..." that the prayer doesn't go anywhere, unless they are of the anointed?
    Like a wrong mail address?

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    Other JWs must go through the FDS (anointed) on earth who act as mediators for Christ on earth

What? Like, ''through the FDS, Amen''? at the end of a prayer? lol........

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Witness people tell me that Jehovah's Witnesses are Christian AND that there were Jehovah's witnesses BEFORE Jesus. Hahaha Is there any wonder more than a few of them are confused? The MOST spiritual thing more than a few Jehovah's Witness can do is make a pilgrimage to see book printing presses and the brick buildings the leaders sleep in.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    So does that mean when they close their prayers by saying "...thru' our Lord Jesus Christ..." that the prayer doesn't go anywhere, unless they are of the anointed?

Like a wrong mail address?

At least with email the sender will get an undeliverable notification, so he knows where he stands. Maybe JWs should quit praying and just write to the governing body™. If enough of them did it the governing body™ may even change their doctrine. At the very least the flood of mail would piss them off.

W

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

What is Jesus meant to the mediator of? When I was a JW, I didn't care about the mediator aspect since I saw it as a contract between Jehovah and Jesus, with the 144,000 along for the ride. (Since that's how I was told to see it!) Jesus was my savior, my lord, my [all that other stuff], but he wasn't my mediator since I wasn't a party to the contract.

I guess I don't understand why that's such a bad thing. Granted the doctrine underlying it is probably crap, but given that they believe the doctrine, how should the "he's not your mediator" bit be a bad/frightening/upsetting thing?

Dave

• Scully
    Scully
    how should the "he's not your mediator" bit be a bad/frightening/upsetting thing?

Well, if we can believe that Jesus actually said "No one comes to the Father except through me" (in other words, he is the mediator between God and all people) and the WTS is saying to JWs that Jesus was only talking about the 144,000, the Little Flock™, and that salvation is dependent upon approved association with the WTS, the messages are in conflict with one another.

It would be like your mother-in-law telling you that you can't talk to your wife unless your mother-in-law screens what you want to say first. You have a right to a 'sacred' and private relationship with your wife, and someone else has become an interloper and a meddler in that private relationship.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    It would be like your mother-in-law telling you that you can't talk to your wife unless your mother-in-law screens what you want to say first. You have a right to a 'sacred' and private relationship with your wife, and someone else has become an interloper and a meddler in that private relationship

Damn mother-in-laws! Always medaling in everyone’s private business!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit