Once life is discovered outside outside the realm of earth...

by undercover 27 Replies latest jw friends

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

good points googlemagoogle

if the landed in the bible land the;

Muslims would shot them

Jews claim them

Christians try to convert them

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

defd,

This is my take on it. Might sound crazy, but I do believe that life is elsewhere in the universe. I believe that "aliens" are demons. Crazy?

I myself used to have the exact same view. Seems reasonable, right? Those crazy-ass gray guys with huge heads and egg-shaped eyes? Demons, if ever I saw a demon!

As a JW, you try to make sense of the world from a JW viewpoint. JWs have a predisposition to believe "alternative" explanations, but what to do about these alien reports? Ah, the natural way to fit them is to see them as demons. Right? They mess with humans, doing weird experiments, probably deriving some kind of demonic, sadistic pleasure from it all. It's a WT article waiting to be written.

The reality is that the UFO crowd is just another cult, as crazy as the Witnesses. It's ironic in a way that they happen to dovetail at this place, as the two groups would probably have absolutely nothing in common otherwise. But such is the nature of fringe worldviews.

Peace,
    SNG

Edited to correct retarded formatting caused by posting in Opera.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Toward the end of JWD poster RunningMan's excellent book "Atheist's Book of Bible Stories" he makes a powerful case for our never having been contacted by aliens. It has holes of course, like any theory about stuff we know so little about, but it actually managed to change my views from "maybe aliens have visited us" to "aliens have probably not visited us".

It doesn't suggest the life doesn't exist, only that it hasn't contacted us.

Dave

• gumby
    gumby

O yeah??????

Talk Of The GalaxyTalk Of The Galaxy Pulsars Are Navigation
    & Communication Beacons
    of ET-I Origin

by Dr. Paul LaViolette VHS NTSC (US Canada format)

On January 12, 2000, Dr. Paul LaViolette made an historic announcement at the 195th meeting of the American Astronomical Society.

To an audience full of astronomers he reported his discovery that interstellar radio signals of intelligent origin are presently being sent toward our solar system. As is also described in his book 'The Talk of the Galaxy,' radio pulsars appear to be 'Extraterrestrial-Intelligent' beacons used for communication and navigation.

Dr.LaViolette deciphers their Galactic message.

This video includes his landmark multimedia presentation, subsequent questions, and discussions with astronomers.

Dr. LaViolette is also the author of the book and film 'Earth Under Fire.'

Take that..... you stinkin humanoids!!!!

Gumby

• Jamelle
    Jamelle

Do I think that the discovery of life on another planet than earth will change people's religous beliefs?

I think that it will be an earth shattering event for some people, causing a catalyst in whatever belief system they've held prior to that point. Others will be fence sitters, going back and forth about how the news affects their faiths. And then there will be the ones who DENY everything, claiming government conspirarcy, etc., etc. And there will be others that fall in between these groups or other options I haven't thought of, of course...

I don't know how the WTBTS would react - but I can bet that however they respond it will be in a way calculated to maintain or even strengthen their hold over the "flock". Another day, another pack of lies - it's all part of the program...

I grew up being taught that reports of "alien encounters" was the work of demons. I still have qualms about this from time to time now, but I view this as a superstition, something to be cast off.

I sincerely believe that there is more to this planet, let alone the space surrounding us, than any of us will ever know or see discovered in our lifetime. I try to keep an open mind without getting silly about it.

Great topic!

• Beta Male
  • AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

*** 23w 10/15 pp. 14,15 A New Element in World Affairs ***

21 Is it disturbing for lovers of righteousness to witness such events? No! Our confidence is not in the governments of man, nor do we side with these newcomers to the world scene as some do who have begun to worship them. Our confidence is in Almighty God Jehovah. We know that whatever the intention of these alleged "extraterrestrials," they too are the creation. Our allegiance is to Jehovah and we wait with his divinely appointed organization to see what part this will play in the fulfillment of Bible prophecy. Now is no time for slack hands, we have a whole new territory opening up to us as we learn to speak Xg'hsty-a{nk} . These creatures might have never heard the good news of God's kingdom. Let us bend ourselves unitedly to learning this new language so that we may communicate to our overlords the healthful teachings of the Bible.

22 Will they collectively prove to be the Eighth King? Will they show themselves to be the final King of the North? How should a Christian view the celebration of Jgh{dsy}a'on-gya Kud'hsat{wanbt} ? These and other questions will be answered in the following article.

(Can't you just see it?)

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

LOL @ AuldSoul!

SNG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit