by sir82 34 Replies latest jw friends

• xjwms
    xjwms

You are right

The last comment got to me as well

Excellent review...........................................Thank you

• willyloman
    willyloman
    "The world uses people up and throws them away when they are done with them. Jehovah's organization is not like that."

Amazing choice of words. Every elder in that room, if he's honest with himself, knows dozens of people who were used and thrown away by the WTS.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Come to think of it..................

We were all used ..... and thrown away..Thats how I feel how about you?

• willyloman
    willyloman
    We were all used ..... and thrown away..Thats how I feel how about you?

Agreed, and true even if you just slowly fade away.

The other day shopping in a store, I looked across the clothes racks and saw a man in a white shirt and tie. It was Sunday afternoon and my first thought was, church-goer or dub? Then he turned and I saw his profile and recognized him as an elder in one of the congos that met in our old hall. He didn't appear to see me and I ignored his presence. About five minutes later, I was looked at the label on a garment and out of the corner of my eye I saw his wife strolling in my direction. She wasn't looking at me but at the clothes racks, but when she got to within five feet of me she pirhouetted and did a 180 and walked rapidly in the other direction. She had to have seen me, of course, and scurried away. It made me chuckle. A few minutes later I wandered down another aisle and saw them in the checkout line, heads close together, talking to each other. About me, I suppose.

Given what I know about them and their life, they have no business condemning me. If they were the "true Christians" they profess to be, they'd have viewed me as a lost sheep and welcomed the opportunity to run into me by chance and perhaps "help" me. Instead, they chose to treat me as though I had a contagious disease.

And, indeed, I have. It's called accurate knowledge.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Sir,

I enjoyed your summary of the elder school. Hubby is going soon too. He is dreading sitting and listening to all the baloney that will be spued out.

wanna

• garybuss
    garybuss

My elementary school years were from 1950 to 1958. During that time the Jehovah's Witness people told me I'd never go to high school in this old world. Armageddon would come before 1958. In 1958 I started high school. In high school the Jehovah's Witness people told me I'd never get married or have children in this old world. Armageddon would come before that. I got married in 1967. Now I have 4 adult sons and one grandchild.
    In the late 1960's the Jehovah's Witness people told me not to go to school or learn a trade because Armageddon would come before I got a chance to apply the trade. Next spring I turn 62 and can draw Social Security.
    The Jehovah's Witness people made lots more promises to me. None came true.
    Every single thing the Jehovah's Witness people told me was a lie. Everything!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly
    Among the example of persons who need a shepherding call: "A young one who used to have praiseworthy theocratic goals now is sullen, quiet, and when he does speak, it is with worldly speech".

This was followed by the question, "What might be the cause?" Answers from the audience:

"Could be bad association, unwholesome music, school teachers & counselors telling youngster that his parents are out of date for pushing theocratic goals"

Or it could be that he's chafing under the WTS yoke, pressures from his parents, congregation members to squash him into a mold he doesn't want to be in.

"The world uses people up and throws them away when they are done with them. Jehovah's organization is not like that."

How can they get away with comments like this? Propaganda. I also know people - close to me - who have 'poured out their souls' on behalf of God and the congregation. For health reasons they are inactive and don't attend meetings. For the most part, it is like they never existed. It's as rare as a white raven when somebody in their congo thinks to call them up. The elders don't even bother calling before a CO visit anymore. And this year, they had to ask us when the Memorial was!

• JAVA
    JAVA

I knew a couple at the Farm that was told to take a hike after he became ill. Not long after they were kicked out he died. She asked to come back to work at the Farm, but was told thanks but no thanks--they needed brothers at the Farm, not sisters.

There are times when I really wish there was a hell -- "Jehovah's organization" would fill it up!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    In the business world, young men with potential are viewed as a threat to the older ones in a corporation. That is not the case in Jehovah's organization

rubbish

it is true in every facet of jahs org.....from cong to circuit to bethel

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

GARYBUSS -

You are SO right. I went to my "keep the elders out of my hair" meeting this week and it was a 67 year old elder ( who must have read the May 22 1969 Awake , p 15 "remember you will never grow old in this system")

and he was saying how lacking in faith we are if we doubt that Armageddy will come in our life time.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit