Family Reunion

by Cori 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Cori
    Cori

That and bite my tongue is all I can do to stop from saying something I'll regret later...

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

This is really scary, they all say the same things, my mom went through that with me, all jokes aside, this really is like the Borg, I should have kept my mouth shut, and was successful for quite awhile, but eventually my mouth took over when she began getting sarcastic and speaking down to me and some things came out, which I regret having said, only because she is in her mid 60's, divorced, a regular pioneer, what else does she have? Some of my family that is in the know and I decided we would not say anything so as not to affect her, but well, it's done, she knows how we feel, but that we still attend the meetings and has left it alone, thank God.

Cori, you did well by just smiling and nodding and such, don't open you mouth,unless you are willing to deal with the consequences.

IC

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Cori - I'm surprised you have any tongue left after having to bite it so many times during that fatherly talk!

I think you might have said actually dad I'm feeling really stumbled that you are pretending this is a family reunion and having turkey to fill in for missing out on Thanksgiving. Surely we shouldnt be trying to deceive God this way?

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I think you might have said actually dad I'm feeling really stumbled that you are pretending this is a family reunion and having turkey to fill in for missing out on Thanksgiving. Surely we shouldnt be trying to deceive God this way?

Reminds me of those families that used to have 'present days' just after or before Christmas...its funny how the JW mind works isnt it...it concentrates on the label as opposed to the activity....then again thats hardly surprising!

Cori good for you keeping a civil tongue in your head...I would have found that difficult!

DB74

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

DB - thats so bad! Nearly as bad as my grandma making turkey and saying it was actually chicken when we went up to see her at Christmas!

And we always got presents on my parents wedding anniversary which we spent all day as a family celebrating with a special meal at the end. It must just be inherent and human - the need to celebrate and be together - even JWs can;t resist!

• daystar
    daystar

In my case, eventually they just got used to my being out and stopped trying.

Well, that and the fact that my reasoning abilities are far superior to theirs. I turn into Mr. Spock.

• mrsjones5

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit