05 CIRCUIT ASSEMBLY: WHAT'S YOUR THOUGHT?

by stillAwitness 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    The New Personality Makes Us Different
    Education That Moulds the New Personality

Manifesting Aspects of the New Personality..... By Loyal, Whole-Souled Support of the Party Congregation

Being Made New Through Daily Text Reminders
    Daily Renewing the Man We Are Inside

World War II 'thought reformists' and Korean 're-educators' could all learn at the feet of the Watchtower's Brainwashing experts.

• Frogleg
    Frogleg

In all fairness, the message is quite applicable today. Unfortunately, the messenger is the problem. I would be a bit more sympathetic to the Borg's Simplistic message if it wasn't clothed in the spectre of industrial strength stupidity. To simplify our lives today is becomming harder and harder. It is subtle and inexorable social pressure that works away on us; for example, it is most interesting to note the looks on peoples faces when I tell them that I don't own a cell phone. One of the primary causes of depression in our society is the TV set, because it's very purpose, albeit the purpose of all advertising, is to make us dissatisfied with ourselves. 24/7 the tube flashes image after image of a distorted view of life by displaying people in situations where they appear truely happy, a life that, over and over, you are told you do not have. However, with just a modicum of thought on the part of you, the viewer, the scam would be revealed as being unrealistic, wholly unattainable, even dangerous, because, in reality, the basis of the displayed happiness is a total and complete disregard of a person's real responsibilities to their family, their community, their world, and even themselves.

WAIT A MINUTE!!! Didn't I just describe the Borg?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Why dont they just come out and say "we need to be like the Amish!" ?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Now they want the Witness people to be ignorant AND poor. And their reason for this is . . . . . . ?

A village is only as strong as its people. A country is only strong and healthy as its individual citizens. If president Bush doesn't understand this, it's not surprising that the governing body doesn't get it either.

Wake up, old geezers. Strong, educated, healthy, mentally stable individuals make up strong healthy countries or religions. Don't go to college or a good tech school and see how many jobs that you can get that provide affordable health insurance.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

the divine $#!+ assembly

you dont need Bull $#!+ or Horse manure, you can just accept the simple poop from your own toilet!

and our magazines are full of good fertilizer.

live simple. plough the fields and plant your seeds like a good farmer. you dont need not high falootan technology just good

ol' fashion elbo grease and a feild service bag.....

• VM44
    VM44

Simplify your life by getting rid of one's computer?

Did they specifically mention computers?

Having a computer actually SIMPLIFIES one life! Compare writing a document on a computer, where mistakes can easily be corrected, to writing a document on a typewriter, where mistakes on a page can mean starting all over and re-typing the page again! Hours of work can be saved and frustration avoided by using a computer.

So how in the world can they say getting rid of a computer simplifies one's life?

--VM44

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    3:05 Daily Renewing the Man We Are Inside

That shoukld be quite a challenge for the females who make up more than half the audience!

Not too simple, eh?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Sad reinterpretations of the Lord's priciples nearly always are costly. They further demonize otherwise fine attributes and action.

A notable example [though not claiming Christianity] was Pol Pot in Cambodia. His effort to distort and control cost the lives of what? 40% or the nation's people. He wanted [like the WT] to kill all desire to think outside of his little box of authority. He killed most of the people who could have aided his government to succeed. He too wanted automatons.

History is repleat with such foolishness.

Jeff

• blondie
    blondie
    Simplify your life by getting rid of one's computer?

When the WTS gets rid of theirs, I'll think about it. When cows fly!

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    I'm just pissed they made an ass embly for Dec 24 & 25 here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carla, will you be a Salisbury?

PM if yes. Would love to meet you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit