JW - Teen Suicide

by Mystery 13 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Aude, I missed that point on the senior center. But an elder gave the talk and he couldn't do that without the elder body's permission or risk being removed as an elder.

I have been to funerals for DF'd JWs that committed suicide while not at the KH were given by an elder. Even if the suicide victim is not a JW but their family is, I have seen an elder give the talk for the JW family.

It is still the BOE's call on it though whether an elder/MS gives a talk and it is held at the KH.

The article also indicates that he was getting professional help.

However, like Huff, he had been suffering from bouts of depression. And like Huff, that had raised family concerns, triggering treatment.

"He has been treated for depression issues," Summers said. "His family had been concerned for some time over the struggles he was having. He had undergone treatment."
    Blondie
  • TopHat
    TopHat
    At least it "says" parents tried to find help for him; although they were the cause of the depression.

The parents were the cause of his depression?????????? How do you know?????

• blondie
    blondie

Just reporting not supporting, Tophat. How would anyone really know what the "cause" of anyone's depression is?

Blondie

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

the gb changed their policy on suicide when one of their members went missing and they found him ready to jump off the brooklyn bridge...obviously then it was nessercary to reconsider the 'no ressurection for self-murderers' stance.

when i say reconsider...i of course mean that jah directed the holy spirit to cause new light to flood forth...even though no new light had been forthcoming in the previous years because is was 'only' non gb that were killing themselves and patently they werent spiritual enough for jah to get involved

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit