Comments You Will Not Hear at the 11-20-05 WT Study (Haughty)

by blondie 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TopHat
    TopHat

The WTS only needs to look at it's self to see what haughty really means.

• heathen
    heathen

I think they could've ended with the phrase ---- Yours is not to question why but rather do and die .I think a better article would have been about being petty and self righteous . The in fighting must be getting out of hand I can hear the phone ringing off the wall in brooklyn . Excuse me but aren't they saying they are better than you everytime they have a judicial hearing and play judge, jury and executioner ? Those scriptures did not support anything they had to say about satans rebellion that was nothing but dogma . Where do they come up with the idea that satans original purpose was to receive worship ?

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I am so proud that I'm humble.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

hagar was egyptian and probably was a different colour than sari.

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

I'm still gagging on last week's demonizing of "higher education!" I’m an old timer like you, and I’m extremely upset with this reversal. I still have family in the “O!” However, this week's lesson takes the cake, since I believe the big "O" represents the epitome of haughtiness, especially the GB! Thanks again Blondie! You must have a stomach of steal to deal with this each week!

• heathen
    heathen
    since I believe the big "O" represents the epitome of haughtiness, especially the GB!

Yep that's usually my remark on the WTBTS articles , the lack of humility they show , I think it's contagious .Have we ever seen an apology in print from the society to members over wrong information? How about over the UN scandal or the blood doctrine ?

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

The only haughty ones that I remember were the elders/Co's/Po's/GB...they would NEVER let a rank & file person become haughty! I don't know how much longer those people can sit there and have this stuff pounded into their heads, week after week, etc. I would definitely have to leave early with a headache if I was still attending meetings. Glad I'm not!!!

Swalker

• codeblue
    codeblue

It's no wonder that MOST JW's have low self esteem after reading this weeks WT summary.

Makes me want to cry, that 2 of my adult children are reading this stuff.

Thanks Blondie, for taking the time to share this info, I know what they are reading every week.

Codeblue

• happy man
    happy man

Hello.

One commet I going to do on todays WT studie,, is have you notice that almost evry exampel in this artikel on haughty peopel was leaders, or Kings, so if we come in this positions we must be very carefull so we dont fall int this trap, thinking to high about oursef.If man have power over other peopel it is very easy to lost commen sens, and to bee very haughty, and even say like some do to mee, our decitions are from jehova, if you dont obey them you are against <Jehova and dont belivet that we(elders)are in jesus right hand, and you are also against that Jesus leading the congs, in my mind I think , dont they putt themsefs in Gods place telling we are the lord on earth,?

loveHM

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

Thank you once again Blondie, your hard work is really appreciated!

This morning I was considering going to the meeting, because I haven't been, in a few weeks, and I've got to show up once in a while (fader you know), but in reviewing the CRAP that is being served today, I decided HELL NO, I CAN'T GO!

The GB, WTS Service Dept., and Writing Dept. should really sit their pompous asses down and read their own damn article, it might help them to see themselves for what they really are...oh wait..... they already know.

How people keep buying this BS, is beyond me, instead of attracting more people to the meetings they are shooting themselves in the foot, don't you people know that you can attract more bees with honey, than with vinegar? oh wait, no, I take that back, keep serving vinegar, I heard that bees subconciously really dig that!

IC (the vinegar will hopefully open their eyes class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit