Comments You Will Not Hear at the 11-20-05 WT Study (Haughty)

by blondie 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Happy Man,

The haughtiest people I ran across were elders and ministerial servants, and occasionally a few pioneer sisters. I wish I could have seen the reaction in your congregation when you made that comment.

~serendipity~

• david_10
    david_10

Woops!! Wrong thread, post deleted. (By the way, Blondie, always appreciate the WT study. One of the highlights of the board.)

David

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee
    Learning from brothers in writing and service departments that often the articles written in the magazines and talks at the conventions are meant to address specific problems - and the problem isn't usually readily apparent in the title or general subject of the talk/article. (ITIS)

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/94334/1.ashx

=================================

Thanks for using some of my quotes Blondie!

BTW, the main person that said this to me was a good (and important) friend in the Writing Department and someone I am SURE Barbara Anderson knows.

-ithinkisee

• blondie
    blondie

Hey Odrade,

Interesting that they followed up the education (or don't do education) article with TWO articles on haughtiness...

Follows with the constant theme of "obedience" at the conventions/assemblies. The rank and file and even the elders are not following the company line. If the elder school is any indication, the elders just sit there and "listen" or doze off and go back to the congo and it is business as usual, picking and choosing what they will do. And if the elders don’t do it, the rank and file won’t.

Good summary, IP-SEC, you look promising for doing the summary at the next circuit assembly.

You can thus see that haughtiness...is the basic cause of sin, suffering, and corruption

LOL what happened to "lack of apprieciation for what jehovah gave them" , I always heard that was the basic cause. Isnt haughtiness just a symptom of that.

- How would you describe a haughty person?

He questions the society.

- What can cause a person to become haughty?

Haughtiness is obviously a result of not being a spiritual person.

Why must we guard against haughtiness?

It can lead to questioning articles like this, getting kicked out of the org, and destroyed next tomorrow, next month, next year, in the next decade.

5, 6. How did Pharaoh show haughtiness, and with what result?

By not recognizing the authority of an up-start god.

How did rulers of Babylon show haughtiness?

see above

1. Who might be compared to the kings of Tyre? (

Why say "might"? Either it is comparable or it isnt.

15, 16. What caused Hagar to become haughty?

Being treated like a second class citizen I'd say.

21. To what can humble Christians look forward?
    More crap like this article over the next decade

Thanks, stilla and xjwms

Well, frogleg

I'm not sure about the possibility that this is the 2nd chapter of the anti-college campaign, but who knows what goes on in the minds of the JW elite!

There are no accidents in the WTS choices of articles. These are designed to let the rank and file know that disobedience to their directions on anything (specifically education) makes them haughty/lacking humility/on the side of Satan.

Well, Severus, while she is a little darker, she was not of a race that was historically subjugated The point I got from this was that she was a slave, obligated to do what Sarah/Abraham told her to do with no possibility of disagreeing. She did not have a choice. She had no status, regardless of her color. Sarah and Abraham had other slaves of lighter color whose lives they determined who could not just quit and go work for another master. I feel it shows that Abraham and Sarah showed a lack of faith and humility in God’s ability and desire to fulfill his promise regarding making Abraham a nation.

Welcome back from your sojourn, Pistoff, don’t hold back so much next time.

MOST IMPORTANT: Who feels slighted if we are not HUMBLE little dubs, if we question or push or go to college and become more educated that the writers of this grade school stuff? HMM?
    They no longer get their way when they tell the rank and file to stay off the net, not go to college, etc; more and more the rank and file is just quietly doing what they want, THOSE HAUGHTY LITTLE PEOPLE! Who do they think they are???.

YOU MUST NOT DECIDE FOR YOURSELF WHAT IS RIGHT AND WRONG.

Jgnat,

Maybe because scriptures like the ones used in this study are used by abusers and manipulators to keep their people in their place

The WTS is very good at "humbling" others but not themselves.

Right, Tophat,

The WTS only needs to look at it's self to see what haughty really means.

First we have to get them to look at themselves and not others, to see the rafter in their own eyes.

That’s right, heathen,

Yours is not to question why but rather do and die

And My country right or wrong is another.

Silly, silly, Bonnie_Clyde

I am so proud that I'm humble.

IP

(Genesis 16:1) . . .Now Sar´ai, A´bram’s wife, had borne him no children; but she had an Egyptian maidservant and her name was Ha´gar.

Perhaps Sarah’s slave Hagar was purchased during Abraham’s stay in Egypt.

Cyberguy,

Thanks again Blondie! You must have a stomach of steal to deal with this each week!

(picture of Pepto-Bismol)

swalker

(is that sarcasm?)(smile)
    The only haughty ones that I remember were the elders/Co's/Po's/GB...they would NEVER let a rank & file person become haughty!

CB,

some day they can wake up, I did, you did,
    Makes me want to cry, that 2 of my adult children are reading this stuff.
    Thanks Blondie, for taking the time to share this info, I know what they are reading every week.

Well, long time, no see, happyman,

If man have power over other peopel it is very easy to lost commen sens, and to bee very haughty, and even say like some do to mee, our decitions are from jehova, if you dont obey them you are against <Jehova and dont belivet that we(elders)are in jesus right hand, and you are also against that Jesus leading the congs, in my mind I think , dont they putt themsefs in Gods place telling we are the lord on earth,?

I guess the solution is to become lord in the congregation, eh? (smile) No hope for me as a woman.

Well, ICB, the future does not look good for you. The articles don’t improve.

This morning I was considering going to the meeting, because I haven't been, in a few weeks, and I've got to show up once in a while (fader you know), but in reviewing the CRAP that is being served today, I decided HELL NO, I CAN'T GO!

Hi serendipity,

Me too.

Thanks david_10

IT IS,

Probably the same person who told me as I toured that area.

BTW, the main person that said this to me was a good (and important) friend in the Writing Department and someone I am SURE Barbara Anderson knows.

Good comments everyone, Blondie
  • AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx Blondie for that. Appreciated!

Jeff

• heathen
    heathen

LOL --- Yah right , ask not what the WTBTS can do for you but what you can do for the WTBTS ...... OHH I got alot of them . I guess being haughty is the same as questioning the WTBTS dogma or authority on some issues . Basically their opinion is that nobody has any spirit but are really just monkeeys and they get to play your conscience , well people I think the pot is calling the kettle black once again .... I can see the man behind the curtain , we're not in kansas anymore toto ............

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    Welcome back from your sojourn, Pistoff, don’t hold back so much next time.

The more you think about the rationale for this article, you realize what a paranoid bunch the writers really are. Many groups value empowered thinkers that can contribute to a discussion; not at the WT.

Of course, they are doing SO WELL with their leadership: failed sex abuse poolicy, 50 to 75% loss of young ones, failed theology about 1914, 1975, 1994; deadly blood policies; 2 faced policies on voting, church work and mlitary service; the list is endless.

If any group needed overthrow from within, it is this one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit