Circuit Overseers

by Outaservice 49 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thank Mary for bringing this to my attention.Has anyone here ever met that old Canadian lawyer? Yes I was at Vickie Boer case in Toronto... Glen walked in with his bevy of rank & file,& some overseers, Ms, smiling- the court room was packed with JWs - there were only a few of us ex( 3 ---I think) He came over to me & shook hands & said "I am Glen Howe!" I said oh yes I know who you are Glen " It was just after he had won the Canadian award " Order Of Canada" for winning the case Freedom Of Religion!!
    I rubbed his arm & said "Glen just speak the truth up there" he replied "Oh Yes I am not disfellowshipped YET" Well I thought maybe he was in trouble with governing body so I gave him my card - which says I help Jws & Ex jws also that I have a support group .(http://exjwitnessgrace.homestead.com/free.html ) He pocketed it!!! But the next day!!! he walked in with his bevy!!! stood in the door & threw the card in my face.....Was disgusted with me
    But it backfired on him... There was a reporter next to me & said "Oh is this the LOVE they have - doing this to an old woman?" he wrote a story against the JWs in the newspaper.... .
    But talking about COs I go visit with John Wyatt - he is an EX Co... from England... I hear the other side of the CO story.. He & his wife are FABULOUS!!! to me.... You should hear some of their experiences of staying at all the differant homes AWFUL!!! like sleeping where the sheets were damp- some of the cooking they had to endure - some of the dirty places they had to visit & eat ..." Oh the gift that God had give us to see ourselves as others see us "

• mouthy
    mouthy

You think Mary has a great sense of humor ???? She is wonderfully funny in person. BUT Mary!!!!gargle with salt & water !!!! swearing!!!!! I will report you to Bethel-----I had to cover my eyes when you swore LOL

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I can only remember one CO in my 30+ years as a JW who I liked. About 1981 Harry Mitani.....a Japanese brother from Hawaii was assigned to our circuit in Western PA. This guy was down to earth and his wife was a real sweet lady. They had already raise their own family and knew what it was like to work for a living and pay bills.

He was the type that made you think that there was hope for the rest of the higher-ups. I hope he is still alive and doing well. One of the truely good ones!

Did anyone else have Harry as their CO?

HappyDad

• Cellist
    Cellist

Thanks for posting that, Mouthy. His behaviour to you lines up with what I personally observed. I'm glad an outsider was there to witness it.

Yes, I've heard a few "horror stories" of what some of the C.O.s and their wives had to put up with. Not from any that stayed with us. But from a former C.O. and his wife that we got to be friends with. They didn't bad mouth anyone, they felt that the motives of the brothers were genuine. The living conditions they had to put up with were pretty bad. But they had been serving in a foreign country.

I always felt sorry for the C.O.s' wives. We didn't have a very big place, but we did our best to give them some privacy and peace & quiet. I was happy when the circuit got an apartment for them. It allowed them to live a more normal life.

Cellist

• pratt1
    pratt1

Most COs we had were pretty arrogant, but the one I liked the best was Pedro Hines and his wife, I think they were originally from PA.

They were young and down to earth and both had gone to college before they went into the curicuit work. They were very good to the young people and they stayed with my family all the time.

We also had JR Brown, who actually was a nice guy back in the day. He was outspoken about going to college and encouraged me to do so.

I wonder why he changed.

• Mary
    Mary
    You think Mary has a great sense of humor ???? She is wonderfully funny in person. BUT Mary!!!!gargle with salt & water !!!! swearing!!!!! I will report you to Bethel-----I had to cover my eyes when you swore

Whadya talking about Grace........I don't freaking well swear!! Actually, I'm trying to tone it down. Hasn't ANYONE noticed that my postings are getting better with less bad language?

• mouthy
    mouthy

Hasn't ANYONE noticed that my postings are getting better with less bad language?

Well speak up has anyone>>?????????> Speak NOW or forever hold your peace !!!!!I love ya Mary.....

• bem
    bem

Mary I hope "lurkers" will read this and it will encourage them to stick up for others, I aplaud you also for speaking up.

Outaservice said: MARY, I'M PROUD OF YOU! IT NEVER CEASES TO AMAZE ME HOW MANY WOMEN HAVE THE 'GUTTS' TO SPEAK UP ON SUCH OCCASIONS

As for CO's the first one we had in the 16 years I associated with the congo, was a real sweetheart, but from then on they were awful. Those of us that pioneered <even the word makes me ill now to say it) we hated when they came cause we felt like less than pond scum when they got through with us.

• loosie
    loosie

Mary.. You rock. You have the balls to say the things I would only think..not actually say, although I'd love to. Maybe I'll have guts like yours someday.

Mouthy. You are awesome too. Your pic reminds me of my mother, but your attitude is way more awesome than my mom's. I would have loved to see the look on the reporters face. I would also have loved to see his face when he read the article he inspired. lmbo

Now on to the subject of this thread.

Are we allowed to name names?

I remember Bro and Sis Avery and Bro and Sis Peace. My Mother made this special dinner when she had them over.. yuck It was some creamy stuff with peas in it poured over a little puff pastry. It made me dread having them over because of what we'd have to eat. But they were nice though.

I forgot the names of the last couple I remember. But his wife had enviromnetal allergies. So the meeting before their vist we were reminded not to wear perfume, scented hairspray, deordorant, aftershave, or wear clothes that had been washed in fabric softener. As all these scents gave her headaches. So imagine if you will about 100 people having to remember not to do all these things for a week. Needless to say she usually ended up with a headache by the end of the week.

One time this CO's wife was out in service with a sweet sister and she started sniffing around and asked this sweet sister if she had washed her clothes in Downey, she replied no I didn't and then she asked what about your underwear did you wash those in Downey?

LMBO

• mouthy
    mouthy

Needless to say she usually ended up with a headache by the end of the week.

I wonder if that was her excuse to hubby I know I am bad!!!! But thats an apostate for you. Thank you for saying I remind you of your MUM ...I am honored... But you have to live with some one to really know them & honest if you lived with me- you would not believe I am awesome... But I like the thought you had ((((((HUGS)))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit