Circuit Overseers

by Outaservice 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

OUR CONGREGATION HAD SOME OF THE BEST CIRCUIT OVERSEERS MONEY COULD BUY!

HOW ABOUT YOURS?

OUTASERVICE

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Ours always took cash/envelopes from old ladies

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

my ex cong. had the most boring overseers. looking at a brick wall would be more interesting.

• Legolas
    Legolas

One of the ones we had was a male chauvenist pig!

He believed women should talk ONLY when spoken too!

• blondie
    blondie

I came from a "divided" family. We hardly had money for gas to get to the meetings. I was in my late teens before I realized that the CO was getting money other than his expenses paid. I was shocked when I saw some Bethelites wheedling money out of people at the KH. I guess as a regular pioneer I should have taken a lesson from them.

Blondie

• TopHat
    TopHat

I hear from a pioneer friend in the cong I went to that the CO is of the anointed and is in his 50s...she is in awe and adores him of course. I questioned her on his being one of the anointed and she got all huffy and puffy about my question. I would guess he gets a lot of freebes from the adoring sheep.

• gumby
    gumby

Of coarse the poor bastards were boring. Can you imagine going to a different hall every week, giving the same talk, doing the same asschewin, seeing all the brothers with brand new haircuts and brown-nosing the hell out of you, people giving fake comments to impress you, hoping someone signed up to feed you, not having a home.....and on and on and on........

Their wives are who I feel sorry for.

Gumby

• Honesty
    Honesty

We had some good ones, too. I just wonder how many have learned the truth about da troof and started all over with their lives.

Some good ones that come to mind are Gus Manikis and James Wells and Jon Ramsdale.

The worst one that I remember is originally from here in East Tennessee. I still want to throw up when I think about some of the lies he told about other pastors.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Their wives are who I feel sorry for.

Gumby

And I am sure you did all you could to make them feel better...

• blindersoff
    blindersoff

Once, when times were hard for us, a CO gave me $20.

B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit