trying to remember what I left behind.........

by ScottyRex 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Who made this? It didn't have the WTBTS logo and copyright info at the end.

• ScottyRex
    ScottyRex
    it isn't a WTBTS production Oubilette........
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Scotty, yes I know, we both shared that hope but watching that video reminded me of their betrayal.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Scotty, who made the video?
  • Perry
    Perry

It is not a biblical hope Scotty, at least the way we used to view it. JW’s have little concept of a personal Judgment for their sins. This is partly due to their heretical views on soul-sleep and partly due to the fact that they are taught that at death, all of their sins are wiped away just by them dying. They base this on their translation of Romans 6: 7 which reads:

For the one who has died has been acquitted from his sin. - NWT

Most bibles more accurately translate this word acquitted as freed instead of acquitted. This entire chapter and the next is talking about being born again, which Jesus told Nicodemus 3 times that he must do in order to see the Kingdom of God. Looking at the context:

4 So we were buried with him through our baptism into his death, in order that just as Christ was raised up from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we also should walk in a newness of life. 5 If we have become united with him in the likeness of his death, we will certainly also be united with him in the likeness of his resurrection. 6  For we know that our old personality was nailed to the stake along with him in order for our sinful body to be made powerless, so that we should no longer go on being slaves to sin. 7  For the one who has died has been acquitted from his sin. - NWT

The preceding verse 6 makes it clear that it is our old personality that dies when we are born again, thus freeing us from slavery to sin. Vs. 4 says that we are buried with Christ in baptism so that we would walk in the newness of life. The claim that we are acquitted of our sins just by dying a physical death is a lie from the pit of hell. It is every bit as evil as the lie Satan told Eve. JW’s should be confronted on this.

Even more grievous, is the fact that JW’s have been taught to personally reject the New Covenant, which is the legal instrument that deals with salvation and resurrection unto life.

Matthew 26: 27, 28 And taking a cup, he offered thanks and gave it to them, saying: “Drink out of it, all of you, for this means my ‘blood of the covenant,’ which is to be poured out in behalf of many for forgiveness of sins. - NWT

The reason this scripture is so critical for JW’s to read from their own bible is because they are not taught that the purpose of the New Covenant is for the forgiveness of sins as Jesus here clearly says that it is. They have been taught that the New Covenant is only for government positions in God’s Kingdom. They use :

Luke 22: 29 and I make a covenant with you, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom – NWT

Vs.

Luke 22: 29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me - KJV

Here the verb appoint in the KJ is accurately translated. The NWT uses the noun form of the word which is not in the Greek. Jesus isn’t making a new covenant different that the one offered at the Lord’s Supper. He is simply appointing positions of authority to members of that New Covenant. The New Covenant is what gives him the legal authority to appoint.  Mt. 26: 27 & 28 clearly states that the purpose of the new covenant is for the forgiveness of sins. That fact has almost never been pointed out to JW’s. They will not try to refute this when they read the words of Jesus from their own bible. 

• ScottyRex
    ScottyRex
    I'm sorry to hear that happened to you VI. me- I guess I became immoral and just drifted off. lol. Even still, I haven't forgotten the sentiments in this video. It does make you think sometimes (well it does me!) 
  • ScottyRex
    ScottyRex

Perry- are you now 'born again' I'm hearing that.

• Perry
    Perry

Doesn't matter what I am. What does matter is that the bible that JW's say they use clearly proves that their doctrine of everyone simply getting a resurrection into paradise just because they died isn't biblical, as the citations prove.

Emotional videos like the one you posted are just that, emotional and NOT biblical.  

• ScottyRex
    ScottyRex
    ok Perry- good luck on your journey. meantime I'm on mine.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

ScottyRex: "Perry- are you now 'born again' I'm hearing that."

Yes he is Scotty.

And yes that video affects me emotionally but it is anger that swells up in me. I do understand what you're trying to say though. 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit