trying to remember what I left behind.........

by ScottyRex 26 Replies latest jw friends

• ScottyRex
    ScottyRex
    I watched this tonight and it made me think.......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLMBXqVwpEI      have a look x
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    They're getting professional. They definitely have a marketing strategy guiding them. As for remembering what we left behind it is burned into our psyche.
  • ScottyRex
    ScottyRex

do you think so village idiot? did you watch the clip? I'm interested in what you think beyond the new 'marketing JW.org theme'

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

ScottyRex

Yes I watched the clip. So let me ask you, are you trying to say that you miss the Witnesses? I'm not sure what your point is.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

It made you think in what way? like they have "the Truth"?

When you are dead you are dead, aint nothing survives it and no one is coming back except maybe by cloning, but then that wouldnt be the same thing at all.

• ScottyRex
    ScottyRex
    No. not really VI. been out for 20 odd years now, yet still, I think the hope expressed in this video mirrors something I haven't quite forgotten. does that make sense to you?
  • ScottyRex
    ScottyRex
    hmmm WMF......I hear you. but even still.....
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

@ ScottyRex:

"I think the hope expressed in this video mirrors something I haven't quite forgotten. does that make sense to you?"

I empathize with you but the only thing I can think of in watching that video is that it is a slick production meant to bait the unsuspecting.

As for my hope of a resurrection I know that the only paradise that can exist is the one we might create at some time in the distant future. It'll be too late for you and me but not for our descendants.

• Perry
    Perry

I'll tell you what I think: Lies From the Pit of Hell!

I wonder why they didn't quote the rest of John 5: 29?

John 5: 28 & 29 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

I noticed they didn't quote another very important scripture on the resurrection: Revelation 5th Chapter

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished....Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.... And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire

• ScottyRex
    ScottyRex

I think that's a biblical hope VI....one you and me once shared. nothing more.

Perry....really? enough said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit