Was I wrong to compose and send this email to an active JW?

by Honesty 50 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

He read CoC a couple of years ago. He has been on apostate sites. He has talked with DF'd and DA'd JW's who left over doctrinal issues. IOW, this guy has run through the whole gamut of antiJW literature, evidence, and proofs

################

o my goodness i didn't know about all of this, well this is a horse of a different color- at his point your friend just needs to let the info marinate-

if he has been willing to read all of this material, then your job is done, it is up to him, and in my exp it is not so much a matter of convincing him as it is "the right time" for him

when the time is right he will make a move, i have seen it too many times- he has some serious soul searchng to do and all you can do at this point is prove support, no need to push

as i stated the same slow way that most folks become jw is the same slow way that some leave

he has to leave on HIS TERMS not yours, and you can't ever forget that

what info you needed to make up your mind to leave may not be the same info, and person exp that makes him leave

you have planted the seed, you cant make it grow

you should be proud of being able to talk to him about the issues you have so far, for many they can't even get one word out of their mouths

you have been able to help him see a ton of info, it just needs to Marinate on his mind

give your man some room and let his heart soul mind and conscience do the rest

you have done your part and are to be commended, i love to hear of accounts where former jw were able to dsicsuss and talk about these many powerful and life changing issues with being shut down

be thankful that he was willing to even listen

have a great thanksgiving and be thankful- smile

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit