Was I wrong to compose and send this email to an active JW?

by Honesty 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

Jesus said it and I believe it.

Is that good enough for you?

Your turn.

• void
    void

I have read it all,although now I myself have no religious following and dont believe in anything, when trying to reason with my mother i often pretend that I still believe in some doctrine.

anyway your quote "I worship Jesus now and do not attend a Kingdom Hall." allong with the rest of the letter, when I tried to reason with my own mother saying jesus is our saivior and mediator. She imediatly ignored anything I was trying to say and told me that I sounded like a Born Again. Which is fustraiting. I would advise not to push the Jesus issue to much as I expect most JWs will right you off as being a Jesus freak or you are a born again, and in general JWs have some crazy hate about born agains.

• Frog
    Frog

heya honesty, I guess you can't but help your honest nature:)

I'd be pretty surprised if he'd make his way through your mamoth (and very well written) thesis, but perhaps it was something you needed to do more for yourself. You never know, he may hold on to it and reflect back on it in the future. Never under-estimate the power of human curiosity!

I think you did a really good thing, even if it has little effect on him for now. It might just help you get a bit of closure on your friendship with him, since you can't really do anything more for him than you already have:)

frog x

• Ianone
    Ianone

As you probably know the underlining issue is deceit and mind control. False doctrine is a result. Addressing the false doctrine first is like trying to start your car without a key. I believe freeing the JW mind of the deceit and brainwashing must come well before any effort to show correct doctrine of our Lord Jesus.

• Ianone
    Ianone

but this is a generalization and anything can happen on any given day.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Wrong to do so? No. Not in my opinion. I doubt the person actually read very much of it. Witnesses are used to sound-bite truth and typically have little tolerance for anything that requires a lot of reading and reflection.

AuldSoul

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I must be totally honest, Bob. I could not get it all read. It was interesting, but the font was too small to stay focused all the way thru.

Your arguments were well stated, and I appreciate that. [I got maybe 1/2 way thru]

I have tried several times to 'get thru' to former witness friends. I have fear that most of my letters are just sent to the dump with the trash. But I hope hw listened to some of what you stated there.

Forget about defd. No chance there. Circular reasoning and ad hominen is all you will get - then he will hop off and do it again.

Jeff

• jgnat
    jgnat

I figure there's a glimmer of hope. Defd said he doesn't want to hop down any rabbit trails. Maybe that is the secret to his charm. There's always this teaser, a bit of bait on the hook, that makes me think, THIS time he'll think it through.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I must be totally honest, Bob. I could not get it all read. It was interesting, but the font was too small to stay focused all the way thru.

I'm sorry about the font size, Jeff. I resized it a couple of times and then remembered one poster who had trouble reading the larger fonts. If you copy and paste it into a document you can expand the font to your satisfaction.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Honesty I would say it would all depend on your MOTIVE. I read your letter and to be frank, alot of the things you mentioned are not correct. Trinity, New Heavens and New Earth. I noticed you used scriptures on some as a refute, when in fact they dont apply or you are apllying them incorrectly. My opinion is, that you will never get anywhere with that person by trying to make them see that what they are taught about Jehovah and Jesus and Paradise are wrong. Never!

D. NEVER DEFD?????? Thats a long time....We on here are testimonies that WE DID SEE THE LIGHT!!!!!
    Answer his statement what was Not correct.? I do agree it was a bit too long- JWS can only take a seed NOT an allotment at a time... But your Motive was kind friend

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit