Do you believe the bible is true?

by skyman 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

nope.

• M.J.
    M.J.

I believe that God could have intervened with people historically and the Bible is a collection of books in which they honestly relayed the experience. Inerrantly? not necessarily IMO.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Is it true?

In what sense? I think much of it is true historically. I believe that some of it may have been 'inspired' in one way or another. Men cannonized it, and parts may not belong. Parts that should be there may not be there.

I live by the principles set out by Christ there - some would dispute he did that even.

Alot of things to think about with that question - no black and white here for me

Jeff

• Honesty
    Honesty

I believe it was written by men who were divinely inspired and is God's revelation of Himself to man I believe it reveals the principles by which God judges us and will remain until the end of the world. I believe it is a testimony to Christ, who is Himself the focus of divine revelation. I believe it was provided to us in order that all who wish may; no matter what our background or circumstances in this present life involve, find solace for our souls and salvation from our sins through the love shown each of us by Jesus as He took God's wrath for our sins upon Himself on a Roman cross almost 2,000 years ago.

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Everybody should believe in something... I believe I'll have another drink.

LMAO @ Mastodon

• Celia
    Celia

True in what sense? Just a collection of writings from long ago. Nothing supernatural about it. Not "dictated" by God to chosen humans. A group of so-called "Christians" decided which stories would be included in "the Bible", edited some to make them fit their views and doctrines, destroyed others which contradicted their views and doctrines, added and deleted things....

Have you read "The Jesus Mysteries" . . .

• gringojj
    gringojj

nope

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

of course I do. Anyone who has faith in God requires it so.

The Bible, itself, is known fact history. Most is based on the history of Isreal as it came to be.

Through out the Bible we see the harmony of the promise and prophecy of the coming of, "The Son of God."

We see, read, of the nature and love of God. And we see the wraith of God. We read of the rise and fall of man and how God promise He made since the fall. Then we see the nature of man since the fall.

Man has been blaiming everyone else except himself for his evil nature. Many blame God. Man does not accept ACCOUNTABLITY, of his action. Hilter blamed the jews for Germany's ill will.

Stalin blamed the 60 million of his own kind of Russia being weak. So he killed them.

Since the dawn of time..man never accepted his own responablity to himself. It was always another man's fault. So how does one get rid of God???? He rejects God. To him God doesn't excist. And he's trying his best to convience others that God is a fable. And if the Bible is a fable....so is God.

Isn't it interesting how Satan works?

• defd
    defd

YES. 100% Inspired by God.

D.

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

YES. 100% Inspired by God.

That is so funny dude, you crack us up! :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit