Do you believe the bible is true?

by skyman 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• skyman
    skyman

I would like to know how many of you believe the Bible is True?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Parst of it are - and parts of it are so obviously not.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

in any meaningful sense, no.

in the sense that there was once a place called egypt, yes, it's true.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Dont forget Nineveh and the Tigris and Euphrates river - that is also accurate TetrapodSapien

• prophecor
    prophecor

Interesting that they dug up some of the remains of what is alledged to be relics of the belongings of Goliath of Gad recently. They said that what they found was within the proper geographical location.

I believe much of what the Bible presents is truth, there are other things however that I have issues with. I also believe that a lot of what the Holy Quoron has to say, also is embedded with truth. As well as some of the writtings of Confuscious, the beliefs and truths from the Eastern Religions. Those of which I feel opperate on a higher plane of spirituality.

• Beta Male
    Beta Male

The way it attributes supernatural causes to its somewhat accurate history doesnt make it god-written. So I believe and dont believe.

• forsharry
    forsharry

Oh sure, there's tons of truth in it. You just have to 'find' it. :)

I also think that if someone in our modern times put out a book like Revelation people would be knocking at the guy's door to see just what kind of shrooms he was on when he wrote it.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I don't believe it's inspired by "God", that's for sure. There are some cute passages, but I really believe the world would be much better off if people would wake up and realize that donkey's don't talk and Sun's don't stand still to help tribe's win battles.

When you want facts, look to science. We evolved from apes.

GBL

• JH
    JH

If the whole bible isn't true, then we were mislead by God.

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

I believe that it's a great book of stories, mixed with a tiny bit of history.
    I believe that it has SOME stories that may very well be good moral lessons.
    I believe that, it could have been an inspired book at some point, but all we got are bits and pieces and also other people, centuries ago, decided what THEY THOUGHT should be included in the Bible, and what not.
    I believe that if it was truly inspired, the all-powerful God depicted in it's pages, would have prevented it from getting lost in translation, or editing.
    I believe in living my life using good commom sense(which, apparently, is not that 'common') and decency as my guide, not a book that's older than dirt and out of date.
    Everybody should believe in something... I believe I'll have another drink.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit