When elders disagree....

by Lilycurly 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Ha! That's the article they are disagreeing about, I beleive. Because it says : "outside the family circle *and* home." So they still consider me in the family circle...but not at home...*sigh*.

That part about the brother and sister telling their mother that they wouldn't speak to her and then the poor woman coming back. This is really sickening. They can't possibly call this love...more like emotional guilt-trip. If they think this is gonna make me come back. They are sadly mistaken.

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

well I was clearly in the circle....but since i was not living in the same household it was shun city.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

That what I keep telling my mother, I tell her about how many other peoples were shunned while clearly in the circle, so why do they have to even think about it. Do we have softy elders on our hands? (or perhaps *gasp* more christian elders.)

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

The emotional manipulation part is what gets to me. My grandmothers husband won't let me into my childhood home because "I don't recognize the position that I'm in. Until I come to my senses I am not welcome." It hurts like hell. I hope that your family sees this and will spare you from this pain.

CHL

• minimus
    minimus

BluesBrother is correct for the latest WT. My understanding now is that even if you're not OFFICIALLY df'd and you are known to be doing things that are d'fing offenses, believing JWS should not associate with you.

• garybuss
    garybuss

If my dad has to ask some book printer if he can talk to me, I don't want anything to do with that kind of dad. He wouldn't meet my minimum standards for association.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Elder1 says :No, she is DAed, is not living with her family anymore, you can't talk or associate with her in any way. (That elder has been shunning his daughter for a few years now.)

Elder2 says: I think you can, the WT says if she is still in the family circle, you can still speak to her.

My father: is confused, understandably.

That's what happens when people make decisions while under the influence of Holy Spirits.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

I know what you mean....I'm really sad and angry that my dad would ask permission to talk to me, but then I remember that he, like many others is the victim of a cult. Sure, it doesn't excuse everything, but it helps me to stop my anger and try to help him free his mind.

• colorado5591
    colorado5591

Yes, so sad that he feels he can't decide for himself but I think it reflects that he has a desire to associate with you.

So many have been no questions asked cold-hearted shunned by family in and out of the "circle." Happy for you that he shows he still wants you in his life. We are all hoping he follows his heart and not the herd!

• luna2
    luna2

There was a sister in my last KH who had a very interesting philosophy. She did what she wanted to do, but was careful not to let everybody know her business. She grew up in the "truth" and had very few illusions about it. I assume she had some level of belief, but there were certain things she refused to allow the WTS control of in her life.

I know that she would often talk to and go see her disfellowshipped daughter, but she didn't go around asking permission or telling everyone at the KH. I was rather flattered that she trusted me enough to talk to me about it...guess she knew a weak dub when she saw one. LOL

At any rate, that seems to be a key to a happy life in dubland...keeping private things private. Too bad your dad already alerted the elders by asking for clarification.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit