I dislike holier than thou people

by MsMcDucket 40 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

we'll just mock the JW's instead. How 'bout that? LOL

NO we cant agree on that either You see I love JWs.... So if I knock their religion It wont allow them to see the LOVE I have for them --- so lets not mock em- Lets pray for them

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Mouthy, Ok....well pray for them.

Pray that I don't shake them like a newborn when trying to reason with them. LOL j/k

I guess I just don't like fundamentalism of any color. Islamic fundamentalism, Christian fundamentalism, or Jewish fundamentalism. Of course....I've never heard of a Taoist or Buddhist fundamentalist.....hmmm.....go figure. LOL

• mdb
    mdb
    And cue the apologist......

Being that by definition an apologist is "a person who argues in defense or justification of something, such as a doctrine, policy, or institution.", that makes you one as well. Do you not also argue in defense or justification of something (your beliefs and ideas)? We're all apologists in one way or another.

What's with the hostility? Sorry you've been so hurt by the Watchtower cult. I sense a lot of bitterness and hate.

Whether you believe or not does not change the truth. You'll find out one way or the other that Jesus Christ is the only way to life. I hope you don't find out once it's too late. This life is the only one you have to make the choice. It does not matter what you think of me for telling you the truth, and regardless of what you've been told, God still loves and cares for you. That's why He died for your sins and mine.

Do you think that I'm better than you, or that I think I'm better than you? If you do, you're wrong. I'm just as much a wretch as any man is. The only difference between us is that positionally, I've accepted Christ and believe the testamony of the One who sent Him to die for me. It's the grace of God that has saved me, not because I'm "holier than thou" or have done some certain thing to deserve it. God died for all that all might come to Him and be saved, but He has also given us a choice: pick up your cross and follow Christ or don't follow Him; accept life by faith in Christ Jesus - God's Son, or go the way of the world and condemnation. I do pray that you'll choose life. Hellfire is real and eternal. I cannot imagine being thrown into a lake of fire for even a moment. As for eternity, I've only ever known "time". To be tormented without end is painful to even think about.

God is love, but He is also righteous and just and hates sin. The wicked will be punished and according to God's word, that punishment is eternal. That's the way it is regardless of whether you or I or anyone thinks it's fair or not. Who are we to determine what is right or wrong, what is just or unjust? The only way to escape the second death (lake of fire), is to be covered by the blood of Jesus Christ (his righteousness becomes our own) and to be born again - born of the Spirit. The Scriptures say, repent therefore, and be saved.

"For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

You sense bitterness and hate?.....LOL.

Your senses are pretty off then. But I guess given your posts of cheap platitudes and empty, cock sure phrasiology, you've deluded yourself into thinking that we all must be bitter because we don't accept your worldview. So be it. But by your responses you have proved my initial summation of you. And sweet pea.....what happens when you find out Jesus isn't real? What happens when you find out that the Buddhists had it right all along? What happens then? Where will your false god be then? Is he in the privvy? I've come to grips with my mortality. Have you?

You saw the post on "holier than thou" and you arrogantly thought you needed to preach here. Well thanks a ton. I feel better knowing Jesus loves me.

By the way, please provide a link or article proving hell is real. I'd really be interested in the proof of this.

• JAVA
    JAVA
    Who are we to determine what is right or wrong, what is just or unjust?

"Who are we"..........perhaps the ones that conjured up that bad boy in the first place.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    Hellfire is real and eternal.

Remember I was a Pentacostal and then a dub. I most, definitely, don't believe in "hellfire" anymore! That's a throw back. That's like still believing in the tooth fairy!

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

I'm not keen on putting people into 'classes' whether these classes be 'holier than thou types' 'pentecostals' Christians' athiests, etc etc.

In reality the world is just full of individuals with no two in the same 'class' even if they have joined the same religion. Its tough when we've been subconsciously taught to generalise and classify everyone, and put them in tidy boxes with labels on them. My JW friend just can't help himself. When we discuss someone, he desperately needs to try to categorise them in some way, perhaps to keep his mind tidy.

From he of the scrap all boxes and labels class

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Oh holy one! Oops, I meant, mdb, what's your denomination? You sound just like Jesus. Especially when you said "be careful". So you say Jesus died for our sins. So, if this is true, I can commit sins and his blood will cover them. We are saved by grace, right? And if we aren't saved by the blood of Jesus after being baptized (by full immersion), then your religion doesn't know what it's talking about. Jesus also said "none is good".

• mdb
    mdb
  • juni
    juni

Hi Ms. McDuckett,

I agree w/Golf (?) can't remember for sure who said " why can't you be a spiritual person instead of a religious person?"

From my experience, members of religons somehow have this feeling that they have all things right w/God. Like it covers all bad behavior. Even if they go only once or twice a year to church.

A spiritual person takes note of his inadequacies (sp?) and feels humble in front of his God. He only has God to answer to - not some manmade org. w/its own rules and doctrines. Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit