Ouija Board

by Inquisitor 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

It's really fun to blind fold the users of the board and have them answer a few "yes" and "no" questions... then without them knowing rotate the board 180 degrees. After that they will keep moving to the wrong side of the board.

I guess the powerful spirits from beyond can't see through a blind fold.

• destroyedbyhate
    destroyedbyhate

Oh yeah I have played with the Ouija board before. Probably going to hold off on doing that again for awhile. Unlike most who got no response, my experience was pretty crazy. It was interesting to say the least. I don't talk about it much, and don't really plan to. It changed my perspective on things a little bit though.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I don't know what it is about humans, but they're crazy about being freaked out. The Ouija board is one of those things that people love to be scared of. Personally, I don't believe in spirits for much of the same reasons that AlmostAtheist mentioned.

But, for those that do believe and have a Ouija board handy, I'm going to give you a simple experiment that could conclusively prove the reality of spirits. (I've posted this on other threads, so I apologize to the people who have already seen this before.) You can do this with three people, and as long as you perform it carefully, you could potentially provide strong, concrete evidence of supernatural communication forces. Here's what you do:

1. Have a friend who will not be manipulating or viewing the Ouija board write down five numbers between 1 and 100 on a piece of paper and leave it face up on the other side of the room where it would presumably be visible to any spirits in the room, but not to the Ouija board operators. This friend should never be able to view the board, lest she unwittingly give the operators hints when they get close to the right numbers.
    2. The operators ask the Ouija board what the numbers are. The operators should write their answers down without saying anything aloud.
    3. After completing the list, compare the the two lists.

This should be easy information for spirits to give you if they exist. If they are really directing your hands, it should be trivially easy to get all the numbers right, and in the correct order. A series of five numbers between 1 and 100 would be sufficient to rule out any possibility of merely having guessed right, as those odds would be 1 in 10,000,000,000. Therefore, this would constitute powerful evidence that the spirits are real. On the other hand, if they can't even muster the clarity of thought to tackle this simple task, I think you should seriously look at alternative explanations for what you believe you saw before.

If you do this experiment, it is critically important that you follow the steps exactly as outlined. Humans are very clever at tricking themselves. These steps prevent that from happening. If you can reliably get some results (perhaps you make friends with a cooperative spirit?), by all means let me know. I'd be willing to travel anywhere in the world to see such phenomena actually working. However, I have the feeling that when subjected to rigorous method, the Ouija board will unfortunately fail to produce any effect.

Happy testing, and let me know what you find!

I know how to perform an illusion very similar to this. I step out of the room and let someone point to one of ten cards on a table. When I come back I can identify which card was pointed to.... with 100% accuracy every time.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

he he, ouija boards are so fun. ideomotor effect, no doubt, but totally fun.

i encourage everyone to pick one up and play with it and try the different tests outlined here in this thread. it's crazy! you'll see that it's just a piece of cardboard, with a rich rich past. lol.

after playing with it like that, you start to wonder about all sorts of other things like ghosts and ghoulies. demons of you're a JW lurker. angels, and finally god. phew! that was easy!

TS

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Excellent suggestion SNG! Problem is the friends who were supposed to play it with me have chickened out. So looks like I will be hunting for fresh meat!

I am not keen on playing alone:

10% in me says something bad might happen and I'll be alone when it does

The other 90% says it would be tremendously boring to play by myself when nothing is meant to happen anyway

INQ

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Probably going to hold off on doing that again for awhile. Unlike most who got no response, my experience was pretty crazy. It was interesting to say the least. I don't talk about it much, and don't really plan to. It changed my perspective on things a little bit though.

No fair!!! SHARE!!!

Dave

• Ticker
    Ticker

Ive had experiences with the board, some unsettling such as the spelling out of my future mates initials which did come true many years later. Lucky guess maybe, I don't know for sure their have been things I can't explain and I've tried to evaluate what could have manipulated the answers. Other times it seems like total baloney and their is nothing legible from the board. The board always seemed to work very well though and it is kind of interesting to play with although it can be unsettling depending on your frame of mind. I would only suggest one be prepared for whatever answer may come and sometimes I found the board liked to lead the discussion not the person. I don't know if thier is anything supernatural or not but I believe thier is some force at work, whether it be of ideomotor, or something else.

Ticker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit