Ouija Board

by Inquisitor 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Has anyone ever played with an ouija board?

Is the game as dangerous as has been suggested by the WTS all this while? WTS seems confident that ALL inexplicable events associated with the game comes from a SUPERNATURAL source, and not a psychological one. Does anyone know of proof otherwise?

INQ

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I played it once when I was 17...with my close friends.

It would not work outside at all. It really worked best in the bedroom and kitchen for some odd reason.

Brooke

• Leolaia
  • littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Whever I played with it with a friend it wouldn't work during the day but only at nighttime.

• daystar
    daystar

What leolaia said.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Is the game as dangerous as has been suggested by the WTS all this while?

I tried and tried to get that thing to work. I talked out loud to any spirits that might be handy. I asked nicely. I begged and pleaded. Never got a response of any kind.

I am left believing they are not dangerous.

If demons/ghosts/specters could really harm people, I think we'd see lots more unexplained damage to people and things. There'd be reports of people dying suddenly with no apparent reason or underlying cause. Even the crazy people can be shown to be acting under the influence of whacked out chemicals in their brains.

I haven't personally ruled out the existence of spirit-like life, but I'm inclined to the think the possibility is remote. (And thus not a danger. Not trying to hijack!)

Dave

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Almost Atheist: Maybe you should watch "Ghost Hunters"...

I read a book last year, can't remember the name...but it was talking about unexplained phenomon and dealt with a number of different topics. When it got to the subject of Ouija Boards it said to leave them alone. It hit me as strange because it was written more as a scientic take, and then made this statement out of the blue.

Swalker

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Wow.. I've never encountered so many negative results before. lol

But then again, the tales of strange occurences that I've heard of have not been firsthand narratives. So those alleged supernatural occurences can never be confirmed.

Whyamihere and littlerockguy, you both mentioned occasions when the board would not work. Would you mind telling me what happened when the board did work? Did the board produce any intelligible messages? What were they? Any occurences outside of the board that could not be explained?

INQ

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Hi Swalker

Is Ghost Hunters a TV series?

Did the book mention a reason why we should leave ouija boards alone?

Kinda odd for an investigative work (I'm assuming here) to simply make a statement without elaborating on it.

INQ

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Thanks for the link Leolaia and daystar!

I've actually checked this site (skepdictionary) before making the post. Wanted to hear from some real people with real experiences is why.

INQ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit