Nov KM: Hospital Visits and Disaster Relief Donations

by doinmypart 23 Replies latest jw friends

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

A couple of points from the U.S. Branch November 2005 KM.

In the U.S. there is a federal law (HIPAA) protecting a patient's privacy. The KM announces what a publisher must do when admitted to a hospital, if he/she wants to receive elders visits.

A question box discussing donations made to the worldwide work rather than specific disaster relief.

See the attachments.

• sir82
    sir82

In the theocratic thesarus:

"Provide spirtiual encouragement" = "Make sure there is no blood bag hanging next to your bed"

• carla
    carla

What other info would be available to them?

• luna2
    luna2

So, in effect, natural disasters are a windfall for the WTS. JWs who generously make extra donations thinking the funds will go to disaster relief have absolutely no assurance that ANY money is so allocated.

The Society makes me wanna puke!

• jgnat
    jgnat

AHA! Another example, I think, of JWD influencing WTS procedure. The unstated stipulation here is that the HLC members must obtain consent before they barge in to a congregation member's affairs. Just because loyal Sister Sue called up the HLC members on behalf of Fading Brother Fred doesn't mean that HLC dude can access Fred's medical information.

• TopHat
    TopHat

I like the way you presented those two pieces of information...can I ask how you do it. That is sooooooo neat!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Amazing! They have NO shame at all. They blatantly tell people that they would prefer to use disaster relief money to print more books!

Screw the homeless and starving! We've got books to sell!!!

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

Tophat - Thanks! I scanned the KM and saved as a jpg (picture) file. Uploaded sections of the scanned KM to this website. And then used the attach tool (paper clip icon) when creating the original post.

I'd like to post the entire KM every month, but don't want to get anyone in trouble for violating copyrights.

• metatron
    metatron

Hint, hint: need a blood transfusion? Go to an out of town hospital and don't tell them you're a Witness.

metatron

• undercover
    undercover

Would giving your consent to allow elders to know of your admission also allow them access to the rest of HIPPAA protected information?

Something smells fishy here...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit