Nov KM: Hospital Visits and Disaster Relief Donations

by doinmypart 23 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

"Our directing donations primarily to the worldwide work allows for more funds to be available for use in connection with all features of the Kingdom work rather tyan being held only for future relief needs." (Kingdom Ministry Nov 2005)

"What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dedad." - James 2:14-17 (NIV)

• Gill
    Gill

Do you mean to say, that if a person were to specify that their donation was say for the Indian earthquake relief, and it has to be used within a year for those poor people, the WTBTS, if it got hold of it, would not be able to salt that money away to earn some interest and therefore benefit itself from those donations?

Wow! Some countries make some really neat laws to prevent multinational book publishing companys making huge profits out of other peoples misery!

It's funny how reading a KM excerpt again after so many years can make a person want to throw up their croissant!

• undercover
    undercover
    ""Would giving your consent to allow elders to know of your admission also allow them access to the rest of HIPPAA protected information?""

No. Why would you ask such a silly question ? Also note that the same law applies to ALL religions so that the local Catholic priest or Baptist minister can't learn of your medical situation either.

Why would I ask such a silly question? Because people (JWs) who received blood transfusions willingly have been DFd after someone on the hospital staff, such as another JW working there, shared that information with their elders. Against the law, but hey, WTS law over rules HIPPAA so the law must be broken so as to uphold WTS rules.

Since signing a release gives hospital staff permission to give some information to church ministers or elders, I think it's a fair question to ask to make sure that other confidential information isn't also being given out, knowing that such confidential information being shared could result in trouble for any JW who receives a blood transfusion.

Call me paranoid, but when people are out to get you, paranoia is just good thinking.

• wiegel
    wiegel

"Our directing donations primarily to the worldwide work allows for more funds to be available for use in connection with all features of the Kingdom work rather than being held only for future relief needs." (Kingdom Ministry Nov 2005)

"Rather than being held for future relief needs?" How would it be possible for someone to earmark a donation for a "future relief" need?

And this is from Nov 2005, the year of the tsunami (give a week), katrina, the Indian earthquake, to name a few of the catastrophes that will be needing relief for many years to come.

Who really is your neighbor? Their self-serving, money-grabbing, isolationist behavior makes me sick. AND they put it in print - amazing................ shamelessness

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit