The French Knight has returned!
    Come gentle night, come, loving black browned night,
    Give me my Romeo, and when I shall die,
    Take him and cut him out in little stars,
    And he will make the face of heaven so fine,
    That all the world will be in love with the night
    And pay no worship to the garish sun.-R&J
    Seven
    I hope you all enjoyed your vacation! Glad you're back.

• Carmel
    Carmel

well now my equestrian queen in the red dress, you were only accused of smelling like a horse, my heartthrob mistook me for having a crome dome! Just cause she's "over the hill" she's tryin to drag me down and stomp on me like her curly haired ex! No by gol! I'll sell the farm before I take that from that cross-eyed old bag! I'm staggerin down the street to find another hussy that can keep up with me...

carmelight

• waiting
    waiting

Carm, you fool,

You can't "sell the farm" - you're the owner and only cook at Mel's Diner.

If your orange silk turban catches fire - don't blame the ol' hag who told you so!

If you hadn't been looking so close at the woman who "glistened" and the one in the slinky red dress with a cat, you wouldn't have singed your ever-exposed chest hairs!!!!!

exasperated waiting

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Thank you kindly, fair maidens. What grand stroke of fortune that this weary and haggard knight should stumble upon such a kingdom as this! Deep into the dark and foreboding forest dwells the wise and winsome sage known only as ‘waiting’. Her wit is as sharp as the keenest blade. (almost as sharp as her tongue!) Nothing of consequence occurs in this kingdom without her knowledge (And I often wonder if perhaps anything at all can happen without her permission). She wears her battle scars like badges of honor. Off to the right, in the meadow of tall, waving blades of grass seated proudly and tall in the saddle rides the fiery red maiden, RedhorseWoman upon her stately steed. Even from afar there is no question that she is and will remain unconquered even by time itself. Among the night shadows stalks the Roamingfeline, sleek and silent, prowling the moonlit meadows while men sleep away the cares of the day. I wonder what secrets the night has yielded to her who inhabits the shadows of the moon.
    Off on a rising hill stands the stone castle that towers above this strange and mystical realm. In the dim moonlight and faint, rolling fog I strain my sore eyes and see standing upon the highest parapet and bathed in the cold light of the stars the elusive and beautiful SevenofNine surveying the kingdom. What troubles her fair heart so? What dragons or witches lie in wait for her to rob her of the rest of the innocent? I would battle those forces but they are close to her and to me she is unapproachable. I must stand at a distance and only hope that one more able than I will do what must be done. For knights like myself worn ragged by battles fought for causes long forgotten for far too long are no longer worthy to stand before princesses. Mine is to ride the edges of the kingdom and take my solace in the solitude of the wilderness in which I have spent my life. Scarred by the wounds of battles won and lost I am not a comely sight around campfires so I sit in the darkness and listen to men who are able to laugh because they have not seen what I have. I take pleasure in their being able to be joyous in innocent ignorance, unaware of the gruesome and fierce forces of evil that surround us.
    Though the war has long been lost I must still at times ride off into meaningless battles knowing that one day I shall return to my beloved kingdom here no more. Still as long as I am able to return I shall do so and allow it’s magic to warm my heart. For here alone is the place where this weary knight can call home.

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

Frenchy!!! So glad to see you back from your travels. You're a tall drink of water, you are!
    Yes, I am from the Branson area, and know MANY entertainers down there. But Norma Jean wasn't there when I left 18 mos ago! They must have called in reinforcements after Glen Campbell and Wayne Newton flew the coop, lol! Not to mention Tony Orlando.

Did you get a chance to visit Silver Dollar City and their famous Saloon? That where I got this slinky red dress, when I used to work there taking dollars for a garter like the one here on my leg, see?

RCat

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Cajun Boy!

That post was so poetic, I would like to comment about it - but I'm afraid I wouldn't do it justice, reads beautifully unrealistic as it is.

AhHah has tried to keep us straight - but Carmel just isn't diggin' it. Pain in the rear cooks!!

We've forgotten Tigger and others in our story (unintentionally) - but my age has a lot to do with that (shut.up.Carmel)

I was thinking Tigger is like those kids who come in to diners late at night already in their jammies with their parents - usually footed jammies......However, since she's full grown, I suppose she'll have to evolve her own character. I would hope that she can do better than a glistening cowperson and a vamp showing a black slip for all the world to see......

Red, it's about time you gave Carmel some of your lip&wit - tough keeping that fool from stumbling around looking for loose women (like Cat.)

waiting

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

waiting, I am flattered. Are you saying that we could have one of those wondrous female bonding sessions wherein we join forces to bash some poor, unsuspecting, dunder-headed male?

Wow!

• mgm
    mgm

I don't get that threat. Could somebody summarise it for me, please?
    What about you, waiting?
    Thanks sweetheart!

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

RCat
    I don't think Norma Jean is a regular, she just breezed in for a while. So, having been a resident there do you think the place will continue to grow or do you believe that it will eventually fizzle out? Like you mentioned, some big name entertainers have already left. Didn't Charley Pride and Kenny Rodgers also have theaters there? How do the locals like the invasion that has taken place? The place still seems rather laid back despite the glamor and glitter of 'the strip'.
    We didn't get to to to Silver Dollar City. The people we were with wanted to do something else so I guess we'll do that the next time we go. (Let me know the next time you're 'working' the floor of the saloon, I'll sneak off and we'll have a drink! By the way, I like the legs!)

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• Carmel
    Carmel

Yeah furI's ganging up on mr. ancient of days by a flock of fluzzies would still be like hunting grizzlies with a choke cherry switch! Might just as well accept the fact you're pounding on the wall of a padded cell!

caveman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit