I think I get it now

by AhHah 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Pathofthorns
  • RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

AhHah, I like your analogy. I've come to think of this place as family also. But just as in any family, things can at times be misunderstood, or people may get cranky...or PMSy....

I don't always respond to the Biblical Research discussions. While I find them interesting, I pretty much burned out on Biblical discussions while active. I find that now I just can't get into these things again.

Please don't leave. You've posted some very interesting things....and I loved your poetry.

• Carmel
    Carmel

He Ahah,

I got an idea for casting your word picture of the family scene. The "granny" with the hot apple pies would fit old Waiting to a tee. Cept she admits she can't cook! Puts cayanne pepper in the pies instead of cinnimon then wonders why her perfectly good Norwegian husband's blond hair curls.

Of course, she'll claim I'm the mut!

Carmel who thinks Ahah is pretty good at getting the old hens off their roosts

• AhHah
    AhHah

To all who replied,

Thanks for caring enough to respond to this post and for the reassurances.

I am very new to this whole thing. I have never posted on discussion forums before these last few weeks. I guess I have a few things to learn about it. I tend to accept that people are who they say they are and that they mean what they say. That is the way I have always been. Perhaps it was naive of me to think that I would immediately be accepted for who I am. Apparently, at least one of you (Waiting) thought that I might be the reincarnation of an unliked poster on this site. My wife tells me that she thinks she knows who Waiting is talking about it. I would be interested to know who it was and what it was about my posts that caused suspicion.

Maybe my excitement to be able to share thoughts with others who can relate caused me to come on too fast. Maybe I gave the appearance of someone with a hidden agenda? I really would like to know where I "went wrong".

I will try to just lay low for a while and hopefully avoid offending anyone. I guess you could say that there is no more wind in my sails right now anyway.

As to the little vignette that I opened this post with, I was simply exploring a feeling of family. I was trying to paint a picture. Looking back at it, I can see that it sounds corny. I didn't mean it to sound corny, however. I have no relationship with most family members (most are Jws), including my mother, brothers, sisters (save one who is not a JW) and my daughter from a previous marriage, despite my reassurances of my love for them. I know that many of you know how incredibly painful that is. Familes that are able to accept one another and their differences and maintain loving relationships are fortunate. Isn't it interesting that many Christain religions (unlike Jws) teach families the beauty of tolerance, even if most don't practice it? "Do not be owing one another anything except love". "Do not judge your brother".

Enough of that! Thanks again to everyone for the reassurances.

• waiting
    waiting

Hello Again AhHah!

We have a fine feathered Friend who flies in now and again - and definitely keeps us on our Biblical toes. For awhile, anyone foolish enough to post in the Biblical Discussion area was going to get into a heated, spirited, debate - whether we liked it or not.

Friend also posts over at witnet and some at H20 - good debater - precise in his wording - deadly in his delivery.

We had another poster for a long time - who was neither a good debater, not precise in his wording, not debatable, but deadly. Smart man, hated the WTBTS with a vengence and didn't seem to tolerate anyone who didn't. He was very computer orientated, and hard to detect when he would change, or add to, his identities, which he did.

This has evolved into more like a Coffee House (or hometown coffee joint). We (well, me) might look at strangers a tad funny - but we do throughly enjoy the new conversation and the making of new coffee buddies. I'm also new to forums (5 mos.) and am still learning the ropes. Glad you overlooked my too-fast assumption of your intentions. (Friend has pointed out my "fastness" also, btw.)

Thanks for coming back - hope puppylove (could she and 7 be the bickering waitresses? - no, that would make me the old hag at the cash register - shut up, Carmel) decides to come back and chat.

Seven, despite what I say behind her back, is really a nice person. No, really, she is.

waiting (for Seven's brick to my head)

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

Hey Ahhah,

I understand about the family thing, believe me! My family are NOT JW's, but you couldn't tell that by the way they judge people and condemn!

Again, welcome to our forum.

RCat

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Well, the role of bickering waitresses is taken, as is the role of hag at the cash register. Guess that leaves me the role of beautiful, sophisticated traveler on her way to wondrous adventures, stopping at the hole-in-the-wall diner to try to connect with her roots.

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

Is that the roots as in "Oh no, my roots are showing!"

RCat

• waiting
    waiting

Yeah, right, Red......

Who shows up on the huge red beast of a horse, all horse smelly, comes in and actually acts like a Cowperson (politically correct).

The old hag at the cash register just rolls her eyes and snaps her gum......

Simon is the old British traveler with a camera and one of those funky hats on. His wife is a joke-telling Welsh.

'course, there's always a poet or two, skulking in the dark corners drinking lots of strong coffee.

Cat? Well, there's always a strange old woman with a damned cat hanging around. Way too much makeup and bright colored clothing.

Carmel has just got to the the cook like in the tv show "Alice". Just got to be, that's it.

Path?.......Ah! He comes in drinks lots of coffee during construction jobs - cracking remarks about women, etc. We all try to get him married off so he'll know what misery is like!

Of course, Friend would be the old wino who comes stumbling in on occasion.......

waiting

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Waiting, I swear you should get a job in Hollywood as a casting director.

However, just a small correction in the characterization. The red horse is a spirited palfry, groomed to perfection, redolent of morning mists and fresh-cut grass...while I, his rider, am attired in elegant breeches and jacket, with tall leather boots polished to perfection. (However, I AM prone to "helmet hair").

The rest, however, is totally accurate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit