US Marines ... Requested by the French Government

by hillbilly 24 Replies latest jw friends

• skyman
    skyman

I have enjoyed all the post.

This is one reason I log on to this Site to hear from others to give me more balanced thinking.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

That was a couple hundred years ago! It's totally different now!" One year, two hundred years. What difference does it make? If it wasn't for the French, "America" would be ruled by a queen today. (in any case, anyone would be better than the "king" we currently have)

lol..i like it..a mirror of the boring (and very wrong)"if it werent for us you would all be speaking German etc etc..."

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

If it wasn't for France, we'd just be speaking Cherokee and beating the French in the war of Gitchi-Gumi.

• jgnat
    jgnat

outnfree, after my own heart:

This historical background information has been supplied in the hopes of breaking down yet OTHER cultural stereotypes which tend to alienate humans from one another instead of reminding us of our common humanity.
  • LittleToe
    LittleToe

Whilst at one level I find it amusing, especially with the relentless storm of caricaturizations, but on another I have to ask a question:

How is this any different in character from all the USA-bashing threads that get so many folks' knickers in a twist?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit