WE JUST LOST OUR DEAR GOLDEN BOY

by juni 27 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

We lost our loving golden retriever, Coach, this week. He has been very sick and we did everything we could for him, but our last show of love for him was to have him put to sleep. He was only 6 1/2 yrs. old and it must' ve been cancer. He was special to me for many reasons. He never growled or showed aggression (he even allowed pet birds to land on his head and never tried to grab them), loved people no matter their age, gave lots of kisses and unconditional affection, always there to greet you, my buddy when I was going through a divorce and having to make a lot of changes in my life, he loved car rides and the dog parks, he was a great snuggler and on and on.

I miss him terribly, but know we did the right thing.

Take some time today for your pet and do something special with them. Before you know it they are gone from your life, but never absent from your heart.

juni breeze~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Gill
    Gill

(((((((( Juni )))))))))

So sorry to hear of your loss, Juli. It's a difficult thing to have to do, put your loved pet out of their pain and suffering, but it is essential. Take comfort in knowing you did the right thing for him. The pain will ease in time. We had to do the same for our little doggie a few years ago. It still brings a tear to remember. However, we know we did right. Now we sit and talk and laugh about all the good times we had with her .

Love

Gill

• juni
    juni

Thanks Gill for you heartfelt words. It means a lot. juni :)

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

Aww Juni, my heart goes out to you it really does, just rest in the knowledge that you did the right thing. It makes me sad to hear this story, I am sorry for your loss, but at least he is at peace now.

• juni
    juni

Thanks Sam for your kind words. Enjoy your weekend with your loved ones. juni :)

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Juni

So very sorry to hear of your loss. I had to put my dog down about 5 years ago and it was heartbreaking, but it was the best thing for him, he had broken his back and his spinal cord was severed. Even after multiple surgeries he'd never walk or run again. I still miss him, even though I now have two other doggies. Pets really have a special place in our hearts.

BB

• mouthy
    mouthy

So sorry !!! Yes it is a sad time when you lose a pet. I had a Samoyed for 17 years -had to put him down( my daughter did) But it is the kindess thing to do. Pity we cant do that to humans who suffer terribly also. ( my opinion only) Will you get another ????

• Mulan
    Mulan

I am so sorry. I know just how you feel. It's been two weeks since our 15 year old dog died. There is a void there.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

So sorry to hear about your loss.

I don't have a golden myself, but my daughter does and I love that dog. She is so loveable and friendly.

Maybe someday you will get another. If I ever have the opportunity to get a golden, I will get one.

HappyDad

• juni
    juni

Thanks BB for your comforting words. Have a nice weekend with your loved ones. juni :)

Thanks Mouthy for your comfort. I totally agree with you about very sick humans who would like to go peacefully when they are terminal. Our vet is such a sweetheart. She first gave him Valium and Ketamine to relax him. They are in a very sleepy state, but can still hear you talking to them. Then she uses the other stuff in the vein catheter so he doesn't get poked twice and because she said she cries and then can't see too well. So it was very peaceful. Have a nice weekend. juni :)

Hi Happy Dad, Thanks for your message. Goldens are very loving and love to be with you. I haven't met a naughty one yet or one that doesn't like to go for car rides! Being that we're in our late 50's a smaller dog would probably work out better for us for bathing, etc. But we could very well settle on a female golden this time as the males are larger. We'll wait and see for now. This is the first time in 23 yrs. that we haven't had a dog. So no furry friend to greet you or there to have you caress their fur. Have a nice weekend w/loved ones. juni :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit