Elders, perfect kind men who should be respected.

by free2beme 29 Replies latest jw friends

• sf
    sf

Yes free, I did. Please do not take my expressions personally. That was not my intent.

I did elaborate as to such that I expressed in a second post. What I won't elaborate on is how I truly feel about all WT men. That will be in my book someday...after more healing.

Take good care, sKally

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

I know of one genuinely nice elder, he died about 16 years ago, but live ones, are you kidding. some can be nice as long as you state or go along with the status quo, but one stey outside of the path and they shed their sheeps clothing and become ravenous wolves. I know of one who doesn't take any vacation time except for the District conventions, and the CO's visits, that is really sad They dont watch TV they have a dvd player and only watch the crap coming out of the Society. I damn near puked when I heard that, but I guess each is captured in their on private hell.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Thanks, I really needed a laugh tonight!

shelley

• free2beme
    free2beme
    Thanks, I really needed a laugh tonight!

Please tell me you did read what I wrote though, and did not think the title was something I meant.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I knew a lot of nice elders. I also knew some who were judgmental and mean. I also knew one that was arrogant and cold hearted to "weaker ones". He flirted with a lot of us, forever bursting my bubble about brothers being "like brothers" and got into trouble over trying to bed a sister I knew. He got deleted and lost his pioneer privileges. His wife was pissed at the sister for telling on him. The sad thing is, the sister also got reproved and lost her privileges. The elders tried to get her to keep it all quiet. Instead of staying quiet, the sister went to the CO and told him.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Once I hear someone is or even was an elder...I don't respect them at all.

It means they are trained to weasel out information, set traps and wreak havoc...I don't want them near me at all.

I have only met 2 very nice and sincere elders

is that not a contradiction

• SKYHIGH
    SKYHIGH

I LEFT JW'S 24 YEARS AGO MY BROTHER (BLOOD) STAYED HE IS NOW AN ELDER. HES A GOOD HARDWORKING DAD WHO LOVES HIS CHILDREN HE MAY BE MISGUIDED BUT HE TRY'S TO LIVE A DECENT LIFE. IF WE WANT TO BE JUDGED ON ARE OWN MERITS WE SHOULD LEARN TO DO THE SAME, HAVE WE LEARNT NOTHING FROM THERE MISTAKES.

• carla
    carla

I think from what I have read over the years an elder may start out trying to do good but ends up as a pervert, cold hearted s.o.b.'s. And my husband practically worships these ungodly men! sick.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee
    I actually know one former elder who admitted to masturbating after talking to sisters about their sex life, ever wonder why they wanted so much detail?

I can't tell you how many times I have heard a variation on this from other elders. For instance, elders sitting on sex-related committee meetings of women they once had the hots for - women who wouldn't give them the time of day. Now they were ELDERS and could ask all these "penetrating" questions (pun intended). One elder told me that the other elder on a particular committee even had an erection during the JC meeting.

Nothing but small men (physically and mentally) using scriptural authority to give them power.

-ithinkisee

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

I knew one elder who I could say was truly a good man while he was an elder, and the last I heard of him, he was DF'd for apostasy. The nice ones end up leaving.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit