can't sleep... clown will eat me...

by in a new york bethel minute 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• gumby
  • Soledad
    Soledad

an occasional benadryl works like a charm for me

• BadPammie
    BadPammie

As I see you live in Canada where veiws on medical marijuana are much more compassionate, I think Gumby's remedy is most effective. Much healthier than the polypharmacy that Under74 suggests.

Now the clowns are another story: where you traumatized as a child. My 23 year old son still goads me about the fact that he is still traumatized by the movie "Killer Clowns from Outer Space" I let him watch when he was little.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Froggy's got it right! Works every time!

carmel

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

HAVE YOUR WIFE OR A FRIEND HIT YOU ON THE HEAD WITH A HAMMER. YOU'LL BE ASLEEP ALMOST IMMEDIATELY!

OUTASERVICE

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

• L-theanine, the suntheanine kind. 100-200 mgs. before bed.

• And rub Badger Sleep Balm on your temples, cheeks, lips, etc. Inhail the fragrance of it as well.

• Make sure your room is cool, your sheets and body are clean: a warm bath with lavender oil in the water helps you relax even more..

• Listen to a CD or tape of thunderstorms.You can also listen to new age music.

• Have lots of comfy pillows to hug.

• Consciously tighten/tense your muscles for a few seconds and then relax them. Do that several times to see what relaxed feels like.

• Dwell on pleasant thoughts and memories or dreams of your future until you fall asleep.

• DON'T log onto JWD if it's a temptation to stay on for long periods of time. I haven't gotten enough sleep since I became addictedJWD. I use it to de-stress. Unfortunately, staying up late reading and posting adds to my overall stress level.
  • Cygnus
    Cygnus

Drinking booze or lots of beer always worked for me. Since I quit drinking a nice cool bedroom with late night sports talk radio works as it gets my mind off everything else. When all else fails, over the counter sleeping pills work nice. I took an Ambien once and it made me jumpy and I had to hop out of bed 5 or 6 times.

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute
    well I have to say it, a double orgasm usually helps?

boys don't get "double orgasms"... our best was our last. but yes, intercourse is a great sleep aid... sometimes even masturbating helps... but when you aren't getting laid and it's too late to make a booty call... and you've already whacked off, you need some real medicine.

Listen to a CD or tape of thunderstorms.You can also listen to new age music

can't do that... reminds me of armageddon. and that reminds me of all the work involved in burying all you dead apostates. hehehehehaha

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere
    boys don't get "double orgasms"...

Some do.

But I guess that's for another thread. ...or another forum....

-Aude.

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

I take Valerian too when I can't sleep. Works for me. Herbal supplement should be better than the standard sleeping tablet.

Is there something that's keeping you awake other than circus people? Might help to get whatever is on your mind off your chest

INQ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit