What is the most money you have spent on one item?

by Crumpet 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I've bought more expensive stuff for others, but the most expensive thing I ever bought for me was my r/c helicopter, $350.

Considering the time I've spent playing with it, it works out to about $70/hr.

All things considered, it seems the smaller purchases pay off better for me.

Dave

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

10" Meade LX200 telescope

Astronomy lover, too, I see.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Our house!

• damselfly
    damselfly

My massage table cost me $550. Since I was still in school and making next to nothing it was the same amount as 8 weeks worth of paychecks.

Dams

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Crumpet:

Hi! Well, excluding my house and cars, I would say the most expensive items I have are weapons, and watches. I collect both. I have one match target rifle ($1000.00), and 3 pistols of varying price ranges. Don't worry, all are locked in a gun cabinet. All perfectly legal here in the colonies.

But by far my most expensive items are my watches. My collection was easily $15,000.00 at one point, and it's down to half that now. The most I have paid for one watch is $5500.00 USD, for a rarer Omega watch. I am going to try and post some pictures here for viewing. I had a Rolex once, but that was a few years ago before they raised the prices 30%. Now a common Rolex Submariner easily fetches $3500.00 for stainless, $7000.00 for two-tone Subs.

Ok, here is the back of the watch. This watch utilizes a Lemania 1863 handwound movement. Watch is chronometer certified, has a chronograph, date and moonphase indication at the 12:00 subdial. The extras I put on it are the Broad Arrow's bracelet, and the official Omega display back in order to view the movement. Watch nuts will know what I'm talking about. Pictures are of my actual watch, taken by me. I need to retake the top one, a little grainy.

Here is a movement shot:

Now you all know how nutz I am!

Wing Commander :)

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

a pair of $300 dollar leather boots that my roommate later stole from me. bitch

luv, jojo

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Elsewhere - that was naughty - say something nice back to lonelysheeps kitty NOW!

Wing Commander - my boyfriend would definitely approve. He got an unexpected money gift recently and after much viewing of watches got a really gorgeous Breitling.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

House- was about 45k 11 years ago
    Truck- 1997 new was 26,500
    Expedition- 2001- was 37000
    Car- 2003 was 17000
    Scuba gear 5- 6 k over several years
    Tools 8-10k over several years
    computers 3-4k over several years
    school-25-35k over several decades

... I spend money easily LOL I've got 25-35k in TOYS ha! oh well you only live once and I've managed to stay out of debt for the most part!

We have spent 3000 at disney in one weekend before... That was fun!

• defd
    defd

Besides my house I would have to say my Truck, that I just totalled

D.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Oh, Dams just reminded me! I paid $700 for my massage table a couple years ago.

Elsewhere - that was naughty - say something nice back to lonelysheeps kitty NOW!

Thank you, Crumpet! He obviously wants a spanking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit