What is the most money you have spent on one item?

by Crumpet 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Today I bought the most expensive thing I have ever bought. I bought a laptop computer for just under £500 - about $1000 I guess. It was on 12 months interest free credit so technically its not mine. But I stopped to think - wow I am 30 years old and the most expensive item I have ever bought was a coat for about £150 in my whole life. I've wanted one for ages so that I could write using it wherever I was. Now its my biggest asset!

So what was your most expensive purchase for yourself or someone else excepting property? I'm guessing it will be cars.

For me its a landmark - I never spent anything mainly because I never had it to spend and still don't, but also because I saw no point as it would probably get destroyed by Armageddon before the warranty ran out! I was a believer!

• blondie
    blondie

Our house

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Other than my car, my 10" Meade LX200 telescope: $3,500

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I paid $500 for my kitten.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

$500 for fish bait?!?!?

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Besides our house...Probably my truck. Then the birth of our 2nd son (The NICU and other crap that wasn't covered by my husbands crappy HMO)....and after that my laptop.

WG

• ballistic
    ballistic

My flat, which was also probably the best purchase I ever made. My lastest motorbike I paid cash. When you pay someone several thousand pounds in cash, it sure feels like a lot more money than it is.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I just bought a two hundred dollar electric tooth brush. I'm not kidding, this thing is like having your mouth scrubbed out with a jet engine and rinsed with Javex.

GBL

• Emma
    Emma

Post divorce and on my own, my car for $2500. I've had it for six years. It's an 87 Toyota Camry with almost 180,000 miles. It's getting old and different things don't work, but I love it. I paid cash and it felt great!

• daystar
    daystar

Wow, hon. I spent well more than that on my first computer before I was 20.

Mine would be a car I once owned. Used, it was somewhat over US$20,000.

Like that, but much prettier, lower, 17" wheels, limo tint.

I suspect that I will top that with my next auto purchase.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit