"Science has proven that God doesn't exist"

by AlmostAtheist 21 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    People who are indoctrinated and propagandized into believing an all-encompassing, no-questions-unanswered worldview, as a consequence need to believe that people who don't share this worldview don't because they (the non-believer) have been thoroughly indoctrinated and propagandized into believing a false -- yet similarly absolute -- worldview

You may have nailed it, Dan. I don't think I ever thought of it that way. Excellent point.

Dave

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Kate:

My hypothesis Dave after nearly 5 decades of praying to God is to rely on myself I'm the only one listening and caring about my problems and although I'm caring about others it is pretty useless to help anyone else but myself and those closest to me, or those I have a personal responsibility to and I do this by example only.

I'll try to remember that next time I see a sad thread by yourself.

I suspect you've not thought this completely through. If you can receive comfort from complete strangers from the other side of the world, whom you've never met or seen, simply from a few bytes of information on a computer screen, how does this demonstrate that no-one is listening or caring? How does this undermine your efforts to do something similar, albeit totally remote, for another humanbeing?

I suspect that oftentimes we are too busy talking to listen to an answer. For a more acceptable method of "hearing" for some, I would look in JamesThomas' direction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit