Office Christmas Party Ideas

by coffee_black 10 Replies latest jw friends

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I'm on the activities committee of my company, so I am in on the planning. We want to make the party lots of fun. I'm looking for some more ideas....

Here's what we have so far.:

..we have the facility...and the food...pasta and finger food stations. We'll have a Santa who will give everyone a present. (really nice necklaces for every lady...gourmet chocolates for men) Each table will have a centerpiece that will also be given as a prize. (they're really beautiful) There will also be gag gifts. We will have a DJ, and most likely a karaoke machine. There will be a cash bar...but the first couple of beers or glasses of wine will be free. There will be dancing...but judging from past years, it's tough to get anyone to dance. We want the party to be lots of fun this year. Last years' party was a dud. My bf doesn't want to go this year, and I can't blame him one bit.

150 to 200 people...employees and spouses...no kids.

Any ideas?

Coffee

• rebel8
    rebel8

I've been to some where people seem to enjoy the games involving gift exchange among employees. I'm not sure they're a great idea but people seem to like them for the most part.

1 is everyone brings a gift of a certain $ amount. You could specify it to be a gift for a female or male (everyone brings for their own gender to ensure there is the right amount). Then people are called one by one and they pick from the pile. That game is fairly harmless.

The 2nd goes something like this. You do the above but each person gets to choose from either the unwrapped gift pile or from one of the gifts a person already picked out and opened. For example, first person opens their gift and it's a bottle of liquor. 2nd person gets to choose from the pile of wrapped gifts or can opt to take the liquor from person #1 and give them an unwrapped gift of their choice. People seem to think this is hilarious but it can get ugly.

Then there is the traditional secret Santa among employees. You could try googling party games too.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    There will be dancing...but judging from past years, it's tough to get anyone to dance

When I worked at Levi's (this is when they used to have screamin holiday parties - always a big blowout at a swanky hotel) and attended the big holiday party the DJ would start a line dance to loosen everyone up and get them in the mood to dance. It was alway something simple and fun. I loved it.

Josie

• kool aid man
    kool aid man

"MANY OF OUR DEAR BRETHERN HAVE BEEN OFFERING THE COMPLETE SET OF VOLUMES OF 'STUDIES IN THE SCRIPTURES' AS cHRISTMAS GIFTS". WHAT A GREAT IDEA! OOPS! I guess I'm a little late with this suggestion. I forgot that Judge Rutherfraud did away with Christmas when he saw how much money was being spent on anyone but himself! After all, we all know how much it takes to keep up repairs on Beth Sarim, Beth Shan, two Cadillacs, and bootleg whiskey!

• Bstndance
    Bstndance
    The 2nd goes something like this. You do the above but each person gets to choose from either the unwrapped gift pile or from one of the gifts a person already picked out and opened. For example, first person opens their gift and it's a bottle of liquor. 2nd person gets to choose from the pile of wrapped gifts or can opt to take the liquor from person #1 and give them an unwrapped gift of their choice. People seem to think this is hilarious but it can get ugly.

A good old fashioned Yankee swap. I got screwed with a gag gift one year because I was number 1.

At my office we have less than 20 employees so we go down to Chevy's and sit at one long table, have open menu, give our secret santa gifts, and get our bonuses.

I did work for a company that brought in a string quartet for the party. It was very classy.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Thanks guys... I'll run some of these ideas past the rest of the group. We used to have the Christmas party at the Parker House in Boston....very classy and very expensive. We have about 30% more people now though...so we scaled back. Should still be nice, but not what it used to be. We can't call it a Christmas party anymore either...have to be pc...so it's a holiday party. Figures... I finally get to go To Christmas parties...and I can't even call it what it is.

Coffee

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

My employer's christmas party this year will be at a bowling alley. It's pretty fun but my wife hates it. She feels like everyone is looking at her butt while she bowls. LOL.

• Legolas
    Legolas
    My employer's christmas party this year will be at a bowling alley. It's pretty fun but my wife hates it. She feels like everyone is looking at her butt while she bowls. LOL.

LMAO...So don't I so tell your wife she is not alone on thinking that!

• Es
    Es

I was in charge of the chrissy party for our new company we are going on a river cruise 3 course meal unlimited drinks and dj and dancing. Should be fun looking forward to it

es

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I’m a terrible dancer. Once or twice a year my wife and I will go to a work function that has a band and dancing. Once I get enough of a buzz on that I don’t care about how awkward I look on the dance floor I really have a good time dancing with her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit