Pint of Lager and a Packet of Crisps Please

by Jordan 27 Replies latest jw friends

• dezpbem
    dezpbem

I have to go with Salt and Vinegar. I've loved them since I was a kid.

• marsh
    marsh

I have an Irish friend and he says he likes an Irish 10 course meal.9 pints of Guiness and a spud.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Sounds like my kind of guy!

Big Willy

• Jordan
    Jordan

I don't like to limit myself to just the one kind of beer, usually however at some point in the evening I'd have a pint of Foster's, usually have a pint of Stella Artois at some point, sometimes, the odd pint of Strongbow Cider, and some Guiness Extra Cold. I've noticed myself enjoying the delights of a Turbo Shandy to get me started in the evening... It's Cider with a nice kick.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Salty peanuts!

• Jordan
    Jordan

Peanuts, of course, the bar snack of kings.

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

Bigwilly:

While the "crisps" seem to have a good discussion, the pints defenitely need some work! Anybody chew thier beer? Or do you all prefer water substitutes?

LMAO!! Someone stateside thinks they know beer ???? Haaaaar har har har har har har!!! When I was over in Texas, the locals took me to an English Speciality pub, to make me feel at home... Those little bottles of Newcastle Brown Ale y'all get are soooo sweeeeet... like little 'training drinks!"

Jordan:

Peanuts, of course, the bar snack of kings.

Peanuts are for the court jesters!!! If ya wants a 'Mans snack', it has to be Pork Scratchings !!! Each bag comes with a free set of dentures and a 10% off coupon for Heart Bypass Surgery !

crumpet:

After reading your posts.. I'd have put you down as a "Scampi and Lemon flavour Fries" girl myself... That wonderful aroma on your fingers... kinda reminiscent of...... Ooops, said too much! Tee Hee!!

Favourite Ale has to be Old Hookey.. Ruddles County was a close second - often enjoyed as a kid round at LittleToes when we could persuade his dad to part with it !!

Can anyone remember those HedgeHog Flavoured Crisps that did the rounds years ago ??

What a Con !! Turns out 'Hedgehog' was the brand name, and they were just 'flavoured' crisps !! Wot a swizz !!! I can remember winning bets as a child 'who dares eat the hedgehog flavoured ones!" So disappointing !!

Bull!

• Jordan
    Jordan

Pork Scratchings are indeed a fine snack. However my local pub stopped stocking, them! I know it's heresy for a pub to not sell them, but they reckon'd they didn't sell, or some rubbish like that...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit