Chess!!??

by Lilycurly 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

LittleRockGuy ....

Nope ... not kidding ... that was in a GOlden Age magazine.

-ithinkisee

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Chess makes you agressive and ambitious??

Da Troof does too - look at all those testosterone soaked youg males, wanting to be elders. All compete for the elderette with the biggest mammary glands, seek to outdo each other in hours, and try to get closer to the men who might help them realize their ambitions...

Chess is a Quaker pacifist fest compared to that. I knew brothers who wept when they were not appointed.

HB ( of the "hearty breakfast is better than the days text" class)

OOps! I forgot - the Golden Age said breakfast is bad for you.

• Poztate
    Poztate

My daughter was finally allowed to play chess... BUT only after Mom broke off the small cross that was on top of the bishop on our cheap plastic set.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Chess makes you agressive and ambitious

The dubs must have played it a lot at my old Hall.

They were always 'ratting' each other out to da bruthas.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Def'd has been eerily silent after the whole chess thing. I even PM'd him ... nothing.

-ithinkisee

• Frogleg
    Frogleg

I'm serious guys, John Stuart and the Daily Show could not have come up with something as ridiculous as this and still been believable. Oh, ow, ow, ow, it hurts, I laugh too much.

"BUT only after Mom broke off the small cross that was on top of the bishop on our cheap plastic set."

Hahahahahahahahah!!!!!!

• Frogleg
    Frogleg

I just went out and told my 21 year old (Mormon) son about this thread and how funny I thought it was. He was playing Halo2 on his XBox and drolly replied, "I guess they'd have a heart attack if they knew what I was playing."

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

AlmostAtheist:

DefD, you prolly don't remember when the Watchtower taught that thinking took place in the brain and emotions took place in the heart. Literally. They completely believed and taught that the physical blood pump in your chest also handled your emotions.

I remember a talk being given by a member of the (self)"anointed", no less where he made that same claim. I was already mentally out and I knew it was "old light" but I really couldn't believe somebody living in Europe in the 1990s could believe and teach such obvious nonsense - and as usual, nobody else seemed to notice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit