Chess!!??

by Lilycurly 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

DefD, you prolly don't remember when the Watchtower taught that thinking took place in the brain and emotions took place in the heart. Literally. They completely believed and taught that the physical blood pump in your chest also handled your emotions.

I came into the "truth" in 1985, and it was shortly thereafter that a Watchtower came out shooting this down. As I'm listening to them, I'm thinking, "Well DUH! Of course the heart doesn't think. What idiot thinks otherwise?!"

There was even a time when they believed that God wanted them to let their kids die rather than accept a blood transfusion. Oh wait... sorry, that one hasn't been "old light"'d yet.

Dave

• corproal
    corproal

Wow no chess,no holidays,no birthdays.Wow its amazing that people swallow this hook line and sinker.I for one am glad I've never been a JW.

I remember awhile bach,probably a couple of years ago and I was putting up Christmas decorations for my mom(i must have had a total of about 4 or 5 thousand lights along with the other things.), and the JWs happened to come by and ask me do I believe in Jesus and i said yes.they then went on to tell me the origins of Christmas and how it makes Jehovah mad .I told them that the New Testament adresses the issue of things not condemned as far as Christ is concerned and that if something stumbles a brother to stop doing this.They still still continued to read a checklist of things I'm doind wrong.Next they mentioned birthdays and how the two times birthdays were mentioned in the bible some had died.I asked them how in the world could you come with something so dumb from two specific verses which had nothing to do with banning birthdays.The first incicdent had to do with a historical relocollection.When John the Baptist was beheaded the birthday wasn't the focus of the passage,the author in my opinion was letting us know the setting and the way the beheading came about.I've been reading much on here and it helps me deal with issues my fiancee has yet to deal with concerning this cult.

• corproal
    corproal

DefD,

Wow you are so swept up in your orgs lies and deceit that you're not able to see the truth.I've read so many posts where people have shown you where you're in error and its quite pathetic to say the least.

Craig

• corproal
    corproal

I'm curious though.What's with the writing style at Bethel?I"ve noticed the same catch phrases over and over again.

Ex:The end of the system of things

To give wise counsel

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy
    the origins of Christmas and how it makes Jehovah mad

Well I guess the celebrating of Christmas didn't make Jehovah mad enough for Jesus not to pick the WTS to be the FDS since they celebrated Christmas at Bethel at the alleged time he chose them to dispense "food at the proper time". They also acknowledged birthdays at that time.

I remember reading somewhere in their litterature about chess and it wasn't positive. They probably at one time even demonized playing cards!

• corproal
    corproal

Defd,

You should really question an organization which is always calling the UN the great whore but yet quotes them continuously.

Heres something I find quite humorous considering .

The Problems of Children
    THE SOLUTION AT LAST!

In this series:
    An Ongoing Search for Solutions
    Children Deserve to Be Wanted and Loved
    The Solution at Last!
    Help for Young People
    Rights of the Child

Related topics:
    Drug Abuse in the Family — What Can You Do?
    The Tragedy of Youthful Deaths
    Help Your Children to Thrive

The UN Declaration
    of the Rights of the Child:

• The right to a name and nationality.
    • The right to affection, love, and understanding and to material security.
    • The right to adequate nutrition, housing, and medical services.
    • The right to special care if disabled, be it physically, mentally, or socially.
    • The right to be among the first to receive protection and relief in all circumstances.
    • The right to be protected against all forms of neglect, cruelty, and exploitation.
    • The right to full opportunity for play and recreation and equal opportunity to free and compulsory education, to enable the child to develop his individual abilities and to become a useful member of society.
    • The right to develop his full potential in conditions of freedom and dignity.
    • The right to be brought up in a spirit of understanding, tolerance, friendship among peoples, peace, and universal brotherhood.
    • The right to enjoy these rights regardless of race, color, sex, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, and property, birth, or other status.
    Summary based on Everyman's United Nations

Return to article: An Ongoing Search for Solutions

Appeared in Awake! December 8, 2000

Home | Beliefs | Future | Medical | Topics | Contact Us | Publications | Languages | Search | Index

Copyright © 2001 Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania. All rights reserved.

I did the cut and paste so that you can't come back and say they have no connection with the UN anymore.

Craig

• corproal
    corproal

The Perfect Government of Peace

Because our first parents rejected God's law, human government came under the control of Satan. Appropriately the Bible calls Satan "the god of this system of things." ( 2 Corinthians 4:4 ) The wars, the cruelties, the corruption, and the instability of man's governments prove that he is. The League of Nations and the United Nations have failed to bring peace out of the confusion. Mankind cries out for a government of peace. Is it not reasonable that the Creator, who purposes to restore Paradise to this earth, would also provide a perfect government for that Paradise? That is exactly what Jehovah has purposed to do. The King representing Him in this government is his "Prince of Peace," Christ Jesus, and "to the abundance of the princely rule and to peace there will be no end."— Isaiah 9:6, 7 .

Note they use 2 Corinthians 4:4 to serve the purpose they want and that this "system of things is of Satan and they are the true followers.

Note however that the verse is not in its correct context.

I've pasted the whole chapter and you'll see this is directed to those who have faith in Jesus' resurrection.

Chapter 4

Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;

But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;

Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;

Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.

For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.

So then death worketh in us, but life in you.

We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;
    Psa 116:10

Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.

For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.

For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

2 Corinthians 5
  • ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Here's an even better one!

*** The Golden Age, Feb. 10, 1926, p.310 ***Air baths are good for preventing colds... What you do is strip naked mornings and evenings and then bob up and down for a while.

Oooh yeah ...

-ithinkisee

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Here's an even better one!
    *** The Golden Age, Feb. 10, 1926, p.310 ***Air baths are good for preventing colds... What you do is strip naked mornings and evenings and then bob up and down for a while.

Oooh yeah ...

-ithinkisee

You GOT to be kidding, right?

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

LOL!!! Weeee-Ooooh! Air-baths, hehehehe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit