Walking through Wal-Mart/Jehoba told me

by colorado5591 18 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie
    Jehobah told me he still loves you

A "brother" who said that to me when I was a JW would have scared me (would have thought them a nutcase).

"So God talks to you personally????"

Blondie

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

It's always the elderly, huh? Seems like the younger ones don't dare to talk to us. But the grandpa and grandma figures of the cong feel the need to rally their grandchildren. I knew one of those older sisters, she is a small, 80 years old woman from Haiti. She knew us kids since the start. When I stoped going to the meetings, she wrote me that long letter about how she wished I would come back to Jehovah and his loving organization. Went on and on about her wanting to be at my wedding (I haven't even got a boyfriend!lol) before she dies. And all sorts of subtil, grandmother-y guilt-tripping. I loved the lady, but God, I hope I don't meet her in a Wal-Mart!lol I wouldn't know what to say!

• colorado5591
    colorado5591
    But the grandpa and grandma figures of the cong feel the need to rally their grandchildren.

The thing is, I never even met this man until after I was dfd! I got booted for fornication with a worldly man and LO! His little sister ended up being a witness Oddly, they did not shun me. They told me all this business about how they should shun me and whatnot but they were confused because I got booted for things I did with her own brother! After they got to know me, they saw that I was real cool so we got along famously.

They did start shunning me for leaving my boyfriend! What's up with that?!?! Crazy mixed up world indeed!

Side note: This guy brother with a "red-line to the man upstairs" is pushing 70 years old but his wife is only 33!?! He maried his BFF's GRANDAUGHTER! Is that creepy or what? EEEKKK!

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Oh, that's a really f*cked up story. 70 and 33! I bet they are telling themselves that they will be the same age in the new world.lol Or....is the guy rich?

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

At least he was pretty definite that Jehovah still loves you. My CO's wife left me a phone message just before I disassociated saying how much I was missed and how much she and the others in the congregation loved me. And then added, "And I think Jehovah loves you too." She wasn't sure since she didn't have the heavenly confirmation that your jw man did. So be grateful! :)
    tall penguin

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

APPARENTLY you Ex-brother-in-law is none other than JAR JAR BINKS!

• daystar
    daystar

I think I must intimidate them. They'll barely look me in the eyes most of the time, much less speak to me.

I will on occasion get a rather sheepish hand shake and fake smile if we're in the presence of my jdub parents, but that's about it.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Intimidate them!!?? But why...oh, wait, might be that turned-up mustach.lol

• mjs mouse, ben
    mjs mouse, ben

Aska heem to aska Jehoba why all the workers eeen wal-marta are so depressed looking and outta touch with reality,........ hey I just described the JW's!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit