A letter from Mr.Elder...

by Lilycurly 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• atypical
    atypical

Bravo, Lilycurly. I thought your letter was well written and you did a good job. Even though he gave you the standard answers, you never know when he will recall what you pointed out to him. Now that I am questioning things and not afraid to look at both sides, I am remembering a thousand different arguments that I heard against the witnesses when I was a kid and immediately dismissed. Funny thing, I retained those things for some reason and now many of them fit into place.

It is really hard to stand up and give a reason for how you feel, but if enough of us do it, who knows what might happen!

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Well, like I said, it didn't really surprise me. I knew I would get something along the line of this...I just thought it would have been more detailed, because my first letter was. Full of questions and wonderings....I guess he didn't find any answers in his precious magazines.

AlmostAtheist...at least your story gives me hope! I remember answering like that, too, but it still planted doubts in my mind, even if I gave a very convinced facade.

"He can't un-see what he saw." ...I will cling to that hope!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Nice one Lily! I hope (but doubt) that he reads your reply. And what of your 'disassociation'? Any news on that? You'll probably be hearing soon, prepare yourself - despite everything you've done it still might come as a shock.

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

"3) Separate s from goats according to their attitude about his annointed brothers (meaning the WTS) "

How typical of the GB to arrogate unto themselves the role of Jesus Christ himself! LOL!

I'm glad you DA-ed yourself.

Nate

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Nice job lilycurly. I really enjoyed your post.

You never know. He can't un-see what he saw. Maybe something will catch his eye one day, he'll put it together with what you gave him, and it'll be enough to wake him up.

The jury shall strike that testimony.

• Es
    Es

Love the reply back well done, would love to see how he looks reading the letter.

let us know if you hear anymore from him

es

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

I doubt I will hear anymore from him...but they are supposed to announce my DA at tonight's meeting. I'm not sure how this will affect me though...because it seems like my father and the elders came up with a concept that since I'm often with my family (mainly a few hours on the weekend), he would be aloud to talk to me...Isn't that bizzare? Couldn't every DA or DF person claim to spend much time with their family to keep contact? That sounded a little crazy to me.

• amen
    amen

Hey Liliane, you did well. All bozos are the same.

amen

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Great job on your reply letter there! I am going to remember the used car salesman analogy.

"3) Separate s from goats according to their attitude about his annointed brothers (meaning the WTS) "

This dude is behind the times! Doesn't he know, the Society now says that the separating of the sheep and the goats will occur in the future!! New Light! Get with it there brother pokey!

No Apologies

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone
    I have no intention of examining those texts as it would be like asking information about Jews to Nazi S.S soldiers. () They would of course have nothing good to say about them

i just love how they are so freakin good at saying they dont want to argue other peoples points because it is pointless... it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that they have no valid arguments for what is said... no its all about how its pointless cuz the other person is wrong and will nt listen to their "reason"... fuckin awesme tactic, when used well, but they use it every single time someone makes a good point... damn J-DUBS

the infamous one

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit