BROTHER OSORTO WANTS TO SEE YOU IN THE LIBRARY

by Nathan Natas 25 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

oops!

never mind... got it....

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

The story was probably invented by the young sisters to get that exemplary elder off the Cong. NOT!!!

• undercover
    undercover

Siler City! I know some people there. But it looks like this case is in the Spanish congregation. I wonder if they share the same hall though? I'll have to do some investigative reporting.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

You know, the amount of bad publicity this organization gets is just astounding. How can a spiritual paradise produce so much sewage?

• gpp
    gpp

I wonder if he counted the time on his field service report.

• Scully
    Scully
    how can someone stand and give talks and public prayers and comments and go in service when he is doing this on the side... how would he deal with being part of a judicial committee and perhaps be party to disfellowshipping someone for immorality?

This is where the hypocrisy just chaps my backside to no end.

• chrissy
    chrissy

Hello Nathan,

hope all is well with you...

"I can remember the lights going out and him telling me that he can help me look better," the girl testified. After that, "he told me to take my pants off."
    well, i dont want to call these girls liars, or downplay their victimization...however, dont ya think this sounds a little...contrived?
  • crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

He's evidently guility of doing some molesting. Why would he get motel rooms. Usually the congregation stands behind these molesters if they say, "I'm sorry". That's their version of being repentant. These girls are probably terrified. Sure they have talked and supported each other.

It's been over 20 years since my stepdad, who was a ministerial servant for many years, molested me for years. He called the elder's every time I got in trouble for anything. I had to set thru all those elder's meetings, while he strutted around has if he were the example of a "true JW". To this day he is still in good standing and holds priviledges. Everyone just loves him and thinks he's so great! (And one of my sisters told the elders about this, they looked the other way.)

I think it's about time the police and the judicial system was involved. Maybe there would be fewer molesters prancing around if they knew they would not be protected anymore, and they would face consequences for their actions.

So if any of you are around San Marcos, CA-- you've got a pervert running around impersonating an upstanding JW!!

shelley

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Chrissy asked,

well, i dont want to call these girls liars, or downplay their victimization...however, dont ya think this sounds a little...contrived?

No, Chrissy I don't.

I'll let the jury decide what they think sounds believable. I think it is a disservice to victims to suggest that their story is contrived, especially when the perp and his lawyer say he gave in to temptation.

Why would they say that if nothing happened?

Yes, there have been cases of false accusations. The McMartin preschool case is a great example: a charge was made of ritual sexual abuse and not a single shred of physical evidence could be found. Another example is the alleged rape of JW pioneer Aimee Satterfield. She ended up dropping her story after the police spent hundreds or thousands of man hours trying to figure out who raped her and found "holes" in her story. They had physical evidence that Aimee had sex, but no rapist. Aimee's wounds were consisten with self inflicted wounds. A few months later, Sister Satterfield got married. Did the police check her husband's DNA against their sample? I don't know.

I think it is best to let the system work. It isn't a perfect system, but it works pretty well most of the time.

• chrissy
    chrissy
    I'll let the jury decide what they think sounds believable.

agreed...and if found guilty... lock the monster up.

i was looking at it objectively because that is how these cases are viewed it would seem. unfortunate but true. hopefully justice will be served.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit