Please hepl me to find answer

by petermanna 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Kat_
    Kat_

Welcome Peter,

I agree with Free that you could check out the links. I can also understand how hard it can sometimes be to get certain feelings and questions out when typing. My parents are from Poland, I am first generation American, and we are all bi-lingual. Many in my family are still learning English--my dad just made up his own mix of English and Polish . One thing my father has told me is that it is MUCH harder to express your thoughts in English on the computer than to just speak it. I never realized that until I talked to him on the computer. Anyway, I think your English is terrific!

I wish I could give you answers about the JW's but I myself am learning. After being raised as one, I just now am starting to read other materials that are not on their 'approved reading' list When I left the JW religion I was never baptized. While I can't offer you any real answers (sorry!), I would like to tell you that you are doing right by not getting baptized and by doing your own research. It is so important to decide for yourself, not let the Watchtower decide for you. You are right in thinking that for them to try to tell you not to read anything else but their work is a warning in itself. You are on the right track. Please give it time, there is information to be found. I agree with Free...post a specific topic and also, follow the links.

Kat

• petermanna
    petermanna

I already make a sugestion we can talk about.Lets talk about those 2 witnesses and 1260 days.I would like anyone to comment on that.

Petermanna

• Gopher
    Gopher

Peter,

After reading through the timestime.com website, I get the idea that its author is trying to draw attention to himself as some sort of prophet or someone who is fulfilling scripture, such as the "2 witnesses" scripture.

It sounds dangerous to me. Everyone I've ever read who claims to fulfill certain scriptures in Revelation have proven false, including Jehovah's Witnesses. Maybe you had heard of the brutal killer Charles Manson from the late 1960's? He was fascinated with Revelation too. He thought the prophecy of the "locust invasion" applied to him and his followers, that they were going to break free from prison and somehow overwhelm the world.

All such things are fantasy, and a waste of time.

If you want to find some real problems with the teachings of the Witnesses, I would say follow the advice of previous posters and click on the "observer" or "freeminds" links. These have helped me a lot, and they have concrete examples of where the JW's stray from truth and sensibility.

Wishing you the best!

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• petermanna
    petermanna

Ty Gopher for information.Ill considered.

Petermanna

• Liquidizer
    Liquidizer

Dear petermanna,

The reason why Jehovah's Witnesses don't want you to study anything but their literature is that they can't without their own publications build up a mind control trap. The teaching publications are so cleverly planned that they will lead you to the right conclusions from their point of view without you even notising if you don't pay any attention to it (which you have now done). They make it appear like you'd have made your own conclusions and desicion to join by doing a lot of 'personal' study even though that is NOT in fact a case. That's why they don't want you to study anything else but their stuff because their religion doesn't stand the true biblical, historical or analytical scrutiny or research done by the help of the outside material or sources including their former publications. Their teachings may look well balanced but that's very seldom so.

The other reason is that they consider that all the outside material are from the Satan's camp. They use this also as a threat by implicating that ''if you want to please God, which you surely do, don't you? Well, if you do, wouldn't it be safer to use the publications of the God's organisation than Satan's?'' This is what happened to me and I did that mistake and did not study anything but WTBS's material which lead me think that I had studied everythin and throughly. I had only considered their overly positive selfimage which was everything but true or factual. Don't allow this happen to you!

What it comes to ''the two witnesses'' of Revelation, they apply it to themselves. That verse relates to the prophets Eliah and Moses and their now a figurative prophetical role in the connection to the remnant, i.e. the discreet and faithful slave class. In other words, the JW's and their Governing Body claim to have that prophetical role of Moses and Eliah to the modern day world. This is how they DO consider themselves as those above mentioned prophets of old. And that period of 1260 days is the time period from December of 1914 to April/May 1919, if I remember correctly, during which time their work was under banned at least in the US and Canada. The whole time period got it's highlight in early 1918 when the leaders of the WTBS were sentenced in prison. After that their work almost stopped and they were in troubles. That's why they had their ''sack clothes'' on and died in a figurative way under the ridicule of other people until God gave them his spirit in 1919 and they came alive again and started preaching. That's the JW interpretation as far as I know. But this egocentric view is very easily shot down. From the following sites you'll find very good information: http://www.geocities.com/osarsif/index2.htm and http://www.jwfiles.com/index.htm and http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/2919/index.html and finally http://www.ultranet.com/~comments/index.html

Hopefully this helped you a bit.

L.

This is the noise that keeps me awake
    My head explodes
    And my body aches

-Garbage

• larc
    larc

Peter,

I don't get excited about end times predictions any more. I have heard it all my life, not only from the JWs, but from tv evangelists and in social conversations. This kind of nonsense has been going on for 2000 years.

What difference does it make any way. It isn't something you can change. It isn't something you can prepare for. Would you live your life differently if it was coming soon. If so, you are trying to fool God out of your own fear. I don't think God can be tricked that easily.

The core message of a religion should be love and mercy. Forget the rest of it. It doesn't matter.

• petermanna
    petermanna

Hi guys:

Thank you Larc and Liquidaizer for answering.

Lets start with Liquidaizer:

That verse relates to the prophets Eliah and Moses and their now a figurative prophetical role in the connection to the remnant, i.e. the discreet and faithful slave class. In other words, the JW's and their Governing Body claim to have that prophetical role of Moses and Eliah to the modern day world. This is how they DO consider themselves as those above mentioned prophets of old. And that period of 1260 days is the time period from December of 1914 to April/May 1919,

Everything you stated here is correct at least for a member of JW. But think on my mind is how do they preparing them selves for end of time? Remember when Noah was building arch everybody was laughing because until that day never rain on earth.

So walking from the door to door I don’t know if this is in off…
    Establishing different business branches of society JW doesn’t help to much either.
    In my eyes its unusual to save many and do business when time is near….
    This is only what everybody is speaking about when they are talking when is best to get baptized.

To Larc:

I don't get excited about end times predictions any more. I have heard it all my life, not only from the JWs, but from tv evangelists and in social conversations. This kind of nonsense has been going on for 2000 years.

Good thinking but again I thinking about Noah. And no more or less JW mistake in predictions on the end of time that is hard to take it one more. Now they are saying that is near but how do they getting ready?

I am not very excited but what if ?

Sometime I am thinking about Jesus. If I would recognize him if I would be living in year 0025 a.m. Or what if he come in our time. I know he was already here but what I would do? Today I am taking for granted that he was here and died for us.

I hope that my live is going in right direction. Pray for me and I will pray for you.

Thank you guys Petermanna

• Liquidizer
    Liquidizer

You seem to me overly worried about the end. It's still possible that we do live the end times but we can't be as dogmatical as the JW's are. The end is not to my mind the most important message of the Bible. And because we don't know exatly when the end comes, we can only live our lives according to the Christian principles the best way we can and try to remain awake spiritually speaking. That all we can or should do. As some wise has said, my relation to the end is the following one: ''If the end of the world was to come tomorrow, I would still plant an apple tree today.''

Have a peace of mind. God knows the best when the right time is.

L.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit