Public Speaking...

by Jordan 27 Replies latest jw friends

• xjwms
    xjwms

Good for you

See how wise you are !

• Jordan
    Jordan

Wise, not really, normally I'm really irresponsible about things. But I made a promise to my Nan when I first passed my driving test that I'd never drink while over the limit. Don't know why it is, but when you promise your Nan something, it's a promise you've got to keep no matter what...

• xjwms
    xjwms

Truly glad to hear it

Good friend of mine go picked up while under the influence

Big $$$ to fight it, plus a night in jail

It was so bad....I refuse to have more than one... with a dinner if I'm out.

• Jordan
    Jordan

Yeah, me and my group of friends are usually pretty good about making sure the driver stays above the limit... And the people that run the pub know us pretty well, so they usually try to find out who's the driver at the beginning of the night...

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Quick apology Jordan - I was not attempting online emasculation by referring to you in my earlier post as if you were a girl - I just assumed given me all know the Jordan in the UK. Sorry mate!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

We have all heard that a key to public speaking is not getting intimidated by the audience but rather, to think of them "in their underwear."

That typically works. Just avoid looking at that hot sexy sister and thinking of her in satin lingerie. An unwanted situation may develop.

However, definitely don't look at middle-aged sister X with the mustache, 50 lbs overweight, shoe heels worn to one side and warts with untrimmed hairs. If you think about her in her underwear, you may be repulsed and make facial contortions when speaking about the glories of the upcoming new system of things and life in paradise.

Hope this helps.

Rub a Dub

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

the six Ps

Preparation and Practice Prevents Piss Poor Performance

• Jordan
    Jordan
    Quick apology Jordan - I was not attempting online emasculation by referring to you in my earlier post as if you were a girl - I just assumed given me all know the Jordan in the UK. Sorry mate!

haha lol. I totally missed it anyway, no worries.... The quiz went almost perfectly, I guess the difference is that I wasn't on a stage and was sitting down, except one ****-up where I was trying to chat up the bar maid, during a break in the quiz, but left the microphone switched on... (I got her phone number though )
    Thanks for all the advice guys

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit