last days?

by mjs mouse, ben 14 Replies latest jw friends

• mjs mouse, ben
    mjs mouse, ben

Recently overheard some JW relatives talking, the term we're in the "last days of the last days" was being used frequently, I didn't want to ask them, it would of turned into an argument. Wtf does this imply? is anyone else hearing this? are witnesses scrambling for new terms to cover their asses?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yeppers!

Josie ~ of the "we are in the last days of the last days of the last days" class

• sir82
    sir82

Don't forget:

"The end is so close, it's no longer right around the corner.

We have turned the corner and....

IT IS NOW STARING US RIGHT IN THE FACE!!!!!!"

(Guaranteed to prompt apopletic fits and manaical applause at any assembly where spoken)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

hm I wonder what that face looks like?

• kid-A
    kid-A

I hear this from my still active JW parents. Its all so sad. They are getting older and older and waiting and waiting.....for nothing.....

I actually told my mother when she started going on about how we must surely be in the 'last days' : "Look, even the WTS isnt pointing to dates anymore. You remember what happened in 95? The generation means nothing anymore....armageddon could theoretically be 1000 years from now!" Her predictable response: Oh thats ridiculous! Jehovah wont let things continue on like this!" yeah right....yawn.......

• amen
    amen

-the last day was about the time of the apostles. Geeh! the last day is lasting a heck of a time.

-anybody predicting about the last is just guessing. Have a life and don't preocupied too much about it. Just love God and your neighbourgh and you'll be fine or anybody.

While loving you neighbourgh is easy to see how to do it, but loving God is what religion focus on it, saying i will lead you to him. That's the mistake a lot of people will do and fall prey to cults like like the Whachtower.

amen

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Same as saying:" We are DEEP INTO the time of the end."

Blueblades

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

They are into the end, the end of the b.s. would be nice wouldn't it? I get so tired of hearing that, we stayed at a sister's house the other day and thats all I heard, Jehovah this, Jehovah that, just leave it on Jehovah, etc. etc. We are so far into the end of things etc. etc. etc. i didn't bust her bubble because all she has is her religion, but really you would think just once in awhile one of these people would open their eyes and think about what it is they are saying.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

"last days of the last days"

Wins the "hanging on by the skin of their teeth" award.

-ithinkisee

• blondie
    blondie

We're into the toenails of the toes of the image in Daniel.

VERY SOON NOW

*** w04 2/15 p. 7 Is Religion at the Root of Mankind’s Problems? ***.

Yet, God intends to remove all false religion very soon now

*** w04 10/15 p. 17 "Go About in the Land" ***

In our case, we are on the threshold of the promised earthly Paradise

w04 12/1 p. 8 Highlights From the Book of Joshua ***
    As we stand at the threshold of the promised new world

At the special day:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/100241/1.ashx

5. An interesting statement was made....."All major prophecies in the book of Daniel have now been fullfilled, the end is only moments away."
    w81 5/15 p. 27 Have Faith in the Kingdom! ***

Where are we, then, in the stream of time? At the conclusion of verse 43 there is no more "image" left. We have come down to the very "toes"! We are living in that time when the development of man-made government reaches its sorry end. The climax of the ages is upon us!

w00 1/15 pp. 12-13 "Keep on the Watch" ***

Fourth, we are living in the period symbolized by the feet of Nebuchadnezzar’s dream image. The prophet Daniel interpreted this mysterious dream of an enormous image in human form. (Daniel 2:36-43) The four metallic parts of the image represent various world powers, beginning with the head (the Babylonian Empire) and extending down to the feet and toes (the governments that are ruling today). All the world powers represented in that image have made their appearance. We are living in the period symbolized by the feet of the image. No mention is made of other powers to come.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit