last days?

by mjs mouse, ben 14 Replies latest jw friends

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

the society wasnt wrong at all guys... its always right.... yep armageddon actually came in 1975... and 1918... and all those other times they said it would come... were just living in a kinda vortex that JEHOVAH left us because hes too loving to actually kill us off.... arent we lucky???

the infamous one

• inquirer
    inquirer

I honestly wish it was the last days, and it's a shame the JW's were wrong about it. I think "this world has had it's day," in my opinion.

• vitty
    vitty

I know in my head the WT are wrong, I stopped going to meetings 18 months ago. But can anyone say whether they feel these last years has been worse than the last few. The tsunami, the hurricanes terrorisim. The tension in the middle east.

I dont know if world events didnt worry me in the past cos they wernt as bad or that I thought armageddon would sort things out.

Its amazing how quickly Ive forgotten how I used to think and feel. I keep thinking "trust me to have a crisis in my faith when it seems we are on the brink of something bad "

Convince me someone LOL

• Schizm
    Schizm
    w81 5/15 p. 27 Have Faith in the Kingdom! *** Where are we, then, in the stream of time? At the conclusion of verse 43 [of Daniel 2] there is no more "image" left. We have come down to the very "toes"! We are living in that time when the development of man-made government reaches its sorry end. The climax of the ages is upon us!

It would be, yes, except for one little fact: The 8th King hasn't yet made its appearance.

w00 1/15 pp. 12-13 "Keep on the Watch" *** Fourth, we are living in the period symbolized by the feet of Nebuchadnezzar’s dream image. The prophet Daniel interpreted this mysterious dream of an enormous image in human form. (Daniel 2:36-43) The four metallic parts of the image represent various world powers, beginning with the head (the Babylonian Empire) and extending down to the feet and toes (the governments that are ruling today). All the world powers represented in that image have made their appearance. We are living in the period symbolized by the feet of the image. No mention is made of other powers to come.

Actually, the Society (mistakenly) thinks the 7th King is Britain/America, so what's up with their idea that "the feet and toes represent the governments that are ruling today"? Where do they suppose the 7th King (Britain/America) is represented in the image? Have they ever attempted to explain this? The fact is that the feet and toes really DO represent ALL the governments that are ruling today, and in so doing THEY collectively make up the 7th King. And, no, all the world powers represented in that image have NOT made their appearance. Yes, the individual parts of the image have been/are being fulfilled; however, the 8th King, as represented by the image as a WHOLE, has yet to make its appearance. It would be nice if the Society could understand this! .

• marsh
    marsh

Hi,

In a Baptist Church a couple of years ago the Pastor said 'We are in the last of the last days'.There are many who believe this.

I am a Christian and I believe Jesus is coming back.There are many who give dates,and end time prophecies.The Son of man will judge the nations.Mathew 25.Acts 4:12 says there is no other name by which we can be saved.It is not about a place but a person............Jesus Christ.

The WT have misled us all,but the Scriptures are still there for us.Peter gives us a programme of events 1. The ungodly world scoffing.2.God is long suffering.3. Christians exhorted to be mindful of their manner of life.4.The 'day of the Lord' dawns upon the world and the heavens and the earth pass away 5. A New Heaven and New Earth are ushered in.

I still believe the Bible even though I have much to learn/unlearn.

What does Jesus say about THE LAST DAY?John 6:39 John 6:40.John 6:44.John 6:54.John 12:48.

Martha saith unto Him,I know that he will rise again in the ressurection at the LAST DAY.John 1:24.

THE LAST DAYS.This present Gospel Age in which we live is spoken of as THE LAST DAYS.Hebrews 1:2,we read that God.'hath in these LAST DAYS spoken unto us by His Son'

'It shall come to pass in THE LAST DAYS,saith God,I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh Acts 2:17.

2 Tim 3:1 Jas 5:3 2 Peter 3:3.

The Bible tells us that Christ began His reign on the day that He broke the power of death and arose triumphant over the grave Acts 2:25-36 Ephesians 1:20-22 .

'these days are said to be THE LAST DAYS.

The Watchtower cannot save ,only Jesus can.He is the Ark we must be hidden in Him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit