Can someone help me decide what to do?

by Kaylen 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

I don't want to get anyone upset, but the whole thing sounds really creepy. Any chance your friend, her husband and your husband are interested in wife-swapping and are testing you out to see what your feelings are on this? Wife swapping is not an uncommon occurance amongst Witnesses. I remember it happening in my area 25 years ago and it still goes on.

The fact that your friend's husband told you he "found it hot" watching his wife with another man says volumes. Most men would flip out if they caught their wives fooling around and would beat the living tar out of the guy.

I know of two married Witness couples who hung out together all the time. They'd start drinking and talk about their sexual fantasies. The one elder openly said that he had dreams about the other guys' wife and she said she fantasized about him too. The elder's wife told this woman's husband that she fantasized about him. He did not feel the same way and felt very uneasy about these discussions. Ironically, he's the only one who left the Borg----the other three are still all Dubs "in good standing."

On reflection, the guy who left feels that they were probably all testing the waters to see if anyone or everyone was interested in the ol' wife swapping. He most definitely was not and was disgusted that people who called themselves Christians, would do something like this.

Christ, with friends like this, who needs enemies?

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned
    Exactly....

I'm sorry, but she's no friend.

Friends don't do that to each other, under ANY circumstances.

She's playing you...

If nothing is going on at present (which i doubt), the past still must be addressed.

If husband sees 'no harm/no foul' with this, how to trust him IN GENERAL?

Is everyone in this scenario expected you to simply 'sit down and shut up'?

Remember, you teach people how to treat you.

If you 'teach' hubby this is ok, and acceptable way to treat you, you aren't doing anyone any favors.

Talk to them one by one, not together, but close in time, so they don't have time to get their stories together.

Hubby has prob'ly already told girlfriend, if not gf's hubby, otherwise i'd say ask her and see how far she is willing to go to 'cover up' what happened. Can she look you in the face and lie convincingly? If so, what does that tell you about the 'friendship'?

In any case, VERIFY, then trust.

(But then I'm a lawyer, and PAID to be paranoid...)

Kimberlee d.

• lola28
    lola28

Kaylen, I feel so bad for you, what your husband and your "friends" did is horrible.They lied to you for three years, you owe them nothing they however owe you an explanation and an apology. Don't do any thing that you will regret later, but it would be best to get it out in the open. Tell your friend that you know what happened and take it from there.

I don't know what else to tell you, just take care and think before you act.

lola ( of the Lorena Bobbit is my hero class)

• avishai
    avishai

Do you have another friend or family member you can take w/ you when you DO confront them? Seriously, you might need support, and especially when it's one against three, it might be very easy for them to justify each other's behavior.

Oh, and stillconcerned's advice was great, as usual.

• jgnat
    jgnat

OK, when you confront the girlfriend, do it in a public place like a food court. That will keep you both in line. I'd suggest you ask,

1. Did it happen...but spare me the details.

2. Don't tell me to 'get over it'.

3. The pact of secrecy is almost as bad as the betrayal in my marriage.

4. How does she suggest that trust be restored between you?

Hubby's a whole other problem. Would he listen to a counsellor tell him how badly he's screwed his marriage?

And the third party? No longer welcome.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

This:

would have to have a discussion with his friend about betraying the agreement that they had about keeping the secret

... makes me feel creepy, and makes me wonder what he might be covering up.

I'm concerned though, that you have a couple of dozen strangers here barging into your married life. Be careful how affected you are by our opinnions. Hugs to you hon!

• avishai
    avishai

How ya doing, kaylen? Please let us know!! We care aboutcha!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit