A Cleansing

by Purza 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Purza
    Purza

After many months of letting the junk pile up, me and my husband set out to tackle cleaning up the garage today so that I could start parking my car in there again as the cold weather is coming.

As we were working he said to me "okay these Jehovah's Witnesses books have to go". When we first moved in three years ago, I had taken all of my JW books and put them into a storage container out in the garage. At that point I felt like I was betraying Jehovah if I threw out the books.

Well three years later and I said "okay, but first we must rip out my name out of them all". We didn't know the next time we would get out to the beach in order to burn them, so we ripped out the first page and just threw them all in the recycling bin (its full now) and now my house (and my heart) are cleansed of the JW propaganda.

I told my husband "I hope someone at the dumps doesn't pull out a book and then get on an assembly part saying they found the troof in the trash". Whatever -- they are gone now and life is good.

Purza

• Cellist
    Cellist

Good for you. We've been out for about 14 years and just the other day I found an old territory slip, an old watchtower subscription slip and an old field service slip! Those things are everywhere! Unfortunately, I used to use them as bookmarks and I have alot of books. Oh, I forgot. There was also an old watchtower in the box. And, my husband's old talks. The silly fellow read them and had nightmares that night. (We do still have some of our old books, and I wouldn't let my husband throw his talks away)

Cellist

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Small world indeed! Gina and I just today through away all of our "theocrapic library", save for a bible, a "Reasoning" book, and... something else. OM book? Maybe.

House feels lighter without those demons weighing it down.

Dave

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I am going to get rid of all my jw literature soon, and I have a lot. My friend dedpoet burned all his, I think I will do the same, I don't want anyone falling into the jw trap because of a piece of crap I just threw in the bin.

• Purza
    Purza

Another funny thing is that I started to read portions of the "Family Book" about a wife's duties. After a few lines my husband ripped it out of my hand and said "what a crock of sh*t". I had a good laugh about that.

And yes, the house does feel lighter. I highly recommend the cleansing process -- as soon as you are ready.

Purza

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I threw out my books after I moved here a couple of months ago. People seem to think my garbage is interesting. I discovered they rummage throug it. So I made sure each book was torn enough that no one would bother with them. I would hate someone to pick them up and start reading it all.

• blondie
    blondie

But then some of us keep them for research purposes. I visited AlanF and his library this year. What a haul. GaryB has quite a library too.

Everyone has a different approach. I may eventually get rid of everything I have on the WT-CD. But then it is nice to have a book you can scan for the doubting JW.

Just remember that if your situation permits, check with Randy Watters, www.freeminds.org, before tossing your WT publications.

Love, Blondie

• Es
    Es

Thats great, im so happy for you

es

• greendawn
    greendawn

This is a ritual many ex dubs perform out of hatred for the literature that brainwashed and enslaved their minds and caused many problems in their families or lives in general.

What good are the writings of a lying manipulating org that preaches a gospel that's very different from the one of the apostles? That puts them under curse.

• carla
    carla

I wish you guys who have this wealth of literature would consider donating it to a cult ministry or sell it on ebay or give to Rany to sell or whatever. The old ones can be useful for antiwitnessing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit