A Cleansing

by Purza 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Shania
    Shania

In our personal library we had all JW books nothing else. Then once the CD Rom came out we started packing and storing most of the old books, then 1 year ago we did a major cleaning of our basement, then the question came up: WHAT TO DO WITH THOSE OLD BOOKS? (I to felt it was disloyal to God if I threw them out) but the time had come............out with the trash they went, I pulled the 75 bound volumes out along with 95s. I kept the reasoning books and a few old, very old books that I had as a kid. But later after reading on here some would like to have them I felt bad........said "I knew I shouldn't of tossed them"...........oh well, they are FREE, so I can just order more right? Anyway it is nice to see our bookshelves filled with real enjoyable reading, books that help us in lives problems, I never new how nice a bookcase can look with real interesting books.....I love it.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    What good are the writings of a lying manipulating org that preaches a gospel that's very different from the one of the apostles? That puts them under curse.

It's useful for looking stuff up to refute Watchtower teachings. If you can whip out a Watchtower book and show a JW what the org teaches, then whip out the Bible and show why it's wrong, that's useful.

We had a few older pubs, but nothing that a decent library wouldn't already have. eBay isn't paying anything worth talking about for the stuff we had, and we (ok, "I") didn't want to fool around with shipping it off to anybody. Not worth the trouble.

Dave

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    we ripped out the first page and just threw them all in the recycling bin (its full now)

What a great idea! Now that JW paper can be put to good use. Maybe it will be turned into college books, so the youth of non cult children can get a good education, or perhaps toilet paper, so that everybody can feel better. Maybe it will become packaging on some new toy for Christmas.

Whatever it becomes, it will serve a grander purpose than before!

• Periodic Bedlam
    Periodic Bedlam

I had just about every piece of literature from 1960 onward, and some publications from the 40's and 50's. When I left the borg in 2000 I put them all in big boxes and then in the attic. When I moved from that house in 2003, I took all 25+ boxes to the dumpster and pitched them. It felt great!

• Purza
    Purza

My husband told me this morning that he set aside a few "select" books to burn. That included the Family book.

I had forgotten about donating them to others for research -- once I decided to get rid of them I had to do it ASAP. Sorry.

Purza

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I suppose the best thing about being brought up a JW drone is that when I decided to move out I didn't take any of it with me. The only JW literature I have around the house now is a Reasoning from the Scriptures, Revalation, and one or two other rags that my mother has given me over the years.

• TD
    TD

You know, there's a strong collector's market for some of this stuff. You might be surprised at what the more hard-to-find items are worth.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Donate them to the local KH - in a big box.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Trashed the trash

• daystar
    daystar

Hah hah hah! I've been clean for a long time now. All I have left is one of those miniature NWTs, sitting right next to my Book of Mormon, and my copy of 777.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit