What Pushed You Out The Door Of The Watchtower?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

The LIES and DECEIT from the apostate Watchtower Society.

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

It started when I realised that Bethel was full of hypocrites, carried on when I witnessed homosexual activity and finished when I read Ray Franz.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/91267/1.ashx

DA'd a few weeks later. Last straw.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I knew a guy that got DF'd for homosexuality. He was gay from the day he was born, and everyone knew it. He got baptized at age 12 like all good dubby kids do, and he even got married when he was 19, but came out shortly after. The girl that married him was cute but she must have been dumb as a rock to not realize what was patently obvious to anybody even LOOKING at this guy, everything about him was flaming gay, and like I said, he was *always* like that. For him to lose all contact with family and friends...to me it was absurd and stupid beyond belief. This was one of several things that really worked on me during my last couple of years in.

• caligirl
    caligirl

Having my first child. I had felt that the whole thing was not right from the time I was in my teens, and had partially faded at that point (missing 75% of meetings). But when I got pregnant, I realized that I COULD NOT force my child to suffer through his childhood as a witness and I finally stopped going altogether shortly after he was born.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

......I'm glad you're free of the WTBTS. That's wonderful

Thanks Nate, I'm glad about that too, and I sure won't be in a hurry to join any other religion, the years I've spent in this one kind of puts me off doing that. I have control of my life now, and it feels wonderful!

• Bryan
    Bryan

Abuse by elders.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• codeblue
    codeblue

We relocated. The elders gave us a "welcoming visit" and said: we need to see your publisher cards, YOU could be pedophiles. (gasp....choke me why don't they)

I tried to go for 3 more months and gave up. I couldn't look at men who were suppose to be appointed by holy spirit that were so vile in my home to accuse ME of something so horrid.

They don't know the first thing about "brotherly love" or welcoming new ones.

Codeblue

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Child abuse issue -- watched my husband crucified for telling the truth

Lack of love -- watched my 6-year-old son IGNORED when I took him to the meeting in a wheelchair (he had post-viral arthritis)

Hypocrisy -- "we're BETTER than everyone else -- no other religion shows love to their members like we do"

Downright meanness -- drove my father, an elder of 40 years, to suicide

I think that's enough, don't you?

Nina

• Quentin
    Quentin

Lack of love...

DF my mother for smoking when she had quit within the six month time frame and allowing the fleshly sister of an MS more time...

There is no love to be found in the WT only judgement, which does not come from the bible much less from God...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit